Colour Changing Deck

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
hi

when i finally get my shipment of wynns i would like to do a few colour changing deck routines.

Can anyone give me any reviews or suggestions of some good tricks

thanks

Sep 1, 2007
There's a great colour changing deck routine in Card College vol. 5

John G has an interesting routine on "Brainstorm" vol 1

Bill Malone goes through a simple but very good routine on the "Here I Go Again" DVDs - vol 2 I think (best to check though!)

Dave Forrest has an incredibly good concept for the Colour Changing Deck which is available as a download from his website www.full52.com - its called Colour Burn and it's truely stunning.

I've combined ideas from several of these, and other, tricks to create a routine for myself that I really like.

For a startling deck colour changing routine "Outsider" from Sankey's Secret Files Vol. 1 is one of my favourites. But you'll need to make a gaff card.

The effect is, a spectator selects a card and returns it to the pack. The deck is then bound with a rubber band and thrown from hand to hand three times. On the third catch the whole deck instantly and with no cover changes colour. On spreading the deck the spectator's card it found face up, the only card with the original colour back.

Adding one intermidiate sleight, the whole deck can be passed out and examined.

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, Danny Garcia's Nacho Mama's Triumph is a really good color changing deck routine. It's a pretty standard triumph until the end where the entire deck changes.

The problem of changing the color of a deck is actually a simple one to solve. I came up with a routine a few years ago on the fly, when a group of regulars at a bar gig of mine, who'd seen a LOT of my material already, asked for something they'd never seen before.

I had a blue deck in one jacket pocket, and a red one in the other. Using one card from the red deck, I did a 2 minute routine with the "red" deck that ended with the backs all turning blue, and the lone signed card being the only one not matching the rest of the deck.

Later, while they were still there and quite a bit more inebriated, I took the card, changed its back to match the deck, and of course changed it back before they left.

My routine is quite original to me, but there's nothing inherently original to the mechanics of the routine at all. I use more acting than sleight-technique to get the job done.

My point is that if you think about it, coming up with a solution to the problem "how do I make the deck change color" isn't all that tough. And what you end up with might be better for you than what you could buy.

Good luck on your hunt.

Pj

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results