Combining Studying and Magic

For anyone who's ever had that problem of not being able to put a deck of cards down to study or do homework, you now have a solution.

I came up with this idea the other day when my mom told me to stop playing with a deck of cards and get my marks up.

Solution:

1. Purchase a deck of blank face cards (n any back style) from your local magic shop or online.

2. Take the notes you have written on the subjects that need studying.

3. Copy any important formulas, definitions, dates, times, facts, theories, diagrams etc on to blank cards enough times to fill up a majority of the deck (copy the important things out multiple times, make sure more of the deck has info on it then does not have info on it)

4. Practice the flourish you've been trying to nail all week, the effect, the move or what have you. Work on that double lift or rising card move, all the while paying attention to whats written on the cards.

5. View results.

Thats my idea. I think it may work quite well. I threw a definition into a deck of regular bikes and now I cannot forget it.

*Equilibrium- a state in which all of a systems observable properties remain constant*........stupid definition.:p

Trent

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
very nice! i was planning on jus sticking my notes on some old decks but that also seems like a good plan!
good job

Sep 2, 2007
you get applauded! *clap clap* thanks!

EDIT: Wait...what about when you don't need it? aren't blank decks a little expensive?

I think the price of a blank deck is under ten bucks. You can print 52 peices of info on one deck. Thats probably a whole course if not two in high school. (Assuming you only print each thing once.)

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
great idea
although i can control myself when it comes to work
but this seems like making studying fun
i know i got some trig functions that i need to memorize
ill stop by my local magic shop and give it a try!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results