Commending T11

Sep 1, 2007
As we all know, Prophet is supposed to release tonight at 11:00pm est. Whether you intend to buy it or not is irrelevant. I do have to commend T11 on doing things right on this one. I have noticed that websites have been more about hype than effects lately. I will be completely honest with you: It is my opinion that the incredible amount of hype behind Control was not entirely deserved. I know that may get me flamed, but nonetheless it is my opinion. However, Prophet is coming out without too much fuzz. There was a first glimpse video, then the official trailer and now it will be released tonight. This is the way to do things in my opinion.

I know hype can be a great marketing tool, since if everyone is talking about the effect, people who may not have heard of it get a chance to get excited. But too often we see websites telling us: this is the best levitation ever, no gimmicks, impromptu, 360 degrees of angle proof magic... and what is the next thing we hear: coming summer 2256! only 248 years to go! I personally hate that. I rather them keep things under wraps and market the effect a few weeks before it comes out.

Will this happen again? I am not sure, since many of us are so hungry for information, many websites just have to give it to us. As soon as a product comes out, one of the first threads that appears (besides the too soon reviews) are: What is next for T11? What effect is coming up next? If we are dealing with 1 on 1 material, then the question is a bit more valid, since the next release is only 7 days away at most. But if you come out asking what is next because we cannot perfect what we have, and we must buy the latest and most of the time not greatest, then we have a problem.

Again, T11 did the right thing is this situation. We'll see how the effect turns out, but overall, if we want new and exciting effects we should go back to our library of books and dvd's, there is likely a huge gem in there that we have so far neglected.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I liked how they just said, "hey, were releasing this tomorrow, be there." Unlike other websites about how EVERY trick has to have hype.

Control was a bit hyped up, I'll agree, but remember, you don't have to get sucked into it.
I know that means you'll be hearing of the hyped up trick for a month or two and no other tricks will be released until then, and once you have waited for that long, your craving new material so you buy it anyways, even though you don't really care for it.

Basically is what's happening to the BGD, I know I want a deck, and they've been telling us about it since before Thanksgiving last year. But I know once I get it, I'll be amused for maybe 3 days, just like the Shadow Masters, then they'll get all messy and then I'll open a deck of Bikes instead because they "feel" better anyways. And I'll never perform with the BGD anyways. It's just that stock that's killing me. I love the artwork though. Why does their decks have to be so dam thick?

So that's me being sucked into the hype.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results