Compression by Dan White and Doug McKenzie

Greetings fellow Magicians,

I wanted to do a quick post about Compression by Dan White and Doug McKenzie. I remember after watching David Blaine's Dive of Death, and during is street magic performance he do one of the most amazing, bind blowing card effect. I saw it was on sale once, but I didn't have the money at the time to pay for it, so I had to wait a week. I was very excited when I got off work and place the order right away. But was out of stock, so I asked the people at certain online magic stores, and they said check back in a week. So I did that anything nothing, 2 weeks go by nothing, a whole money and it's still out of stock.

Now I heard this rumor that the creators and going to no longer be producing and
selling this truly brilliant effect, and pretty much making it discontinued, or have it be solely for big time Magicians, making it strictly exclusive.

Can anyone verify the rumors I have heard? Will I no longer be able to purchase Compression, ever?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have the inside scoop about what is going to happen with the effect. I love the illusion so much after watching it once or twice, and I would gladly pay double the cost to get this truly mind blowing piece of magic.

Thanks to anyone in advance who can help me answer these burning questions, cause I've never wanted a card trick nearly as badly as I do with Compression by Dan White and Doug McKenzie.

Sep 10, 2007
Last I heard Compression was delayed because they decided to refilm it in order to add more material (that was October of last year). No specific release date was ever given and there has been no word since about the status of the project.

Don't place an order because nobody has it in stock.

Doug McKenzie

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
www.nycmagician.com
I'm sorry but the product will not be released. We had a few internal issues regarding it's release and have decided that it was best for all parties involved not to continue with the release.

Thanks

Doug

Sad day in Magic

I'm sorry but the product will not be released. We had a few internal issues regarding it's release and have decided that it was best for all parties involved not to continue with the release.

Thanks

Doug

Well I understand that sometimes things are just out of control when certain issues enter the equation and that’s all that can be said for an effect. Which does bum me out, because the only time I’ll ever get to see this absolutely, pristine piece of magic done on David Blaine’s Dive of Death special. And then cross my fingers and hope that one day I might run into a big name Magician who will perform this either for me or someone in the audience so I can put it in my memory palace where I can relieve that gem of close-up card magic whenever I close my eyes.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, and letting me know that all of the websites who say “out of stock” will forever be out of stock on this truly breathtaking card miracle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results