Con Cam Coincidencia Review

May 3, 2008
Con Cam Coincidencia by Paul Wilson

Price: $12

Where to Buy: http://store.dananddave.com/con-cam-coincidencia-paul-wilson.html

Intro: If you've seen the preview video for the effect, you'll know right away
that there are some obvious camera cuts. This is mainly due to the fact that it could be reverse engineered if watched enough times. Because of this, I figured a review would be very helpful, so those of you who are still debating whether or not to get it can have a better idea of the effect.

First Thoughts: Personally, I was slightly disappointed when I first watched the full performance. I'm not going to lie. If I had seen those in the preview I could probably have figured out the effect by myself. But that's when I realized that that's exactly why they didn't include the full effect in the video. After watching it, I was glad I bought it. It really is a great piece of impromptu and easy magic.

What They Say:
"Con Cam Coincidencia is merely a card trick but when performed well it can be a remarkable piece of showmanship. The effect requires the participation of three individuals and takes no more than four minutes to perform. The end result is nothing short of a miracle."

They describe the effect exactly how it is. Everything said above is completely true.

Video/Audio Quality:
Obviously, being a Dan and Dave video, everything is in crystal clear quality and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality.

Teaching: This video had a very great teaching style that I highly enjoyed. In the video, instead of talking to a camera, he teaches the effect to three others. These are the spectators from the preview video. It's really down to earth and it really works well.

Effect: This effect is somewhat similar to Chad Long's Shuffling Lesson. This requires a bit less audience management though and involves more spectators. Imagine Shuffling Lesson with 3 spectators instead of one. It really is great and is practically a miracle in the spectator's eyes.

Method: Once again, this is quite similar to Shuffling Lesson. One thing I highly like about the method is that it's very simple, practically self working, impromptu, and the cards are truly shuffled multiple times by multiple spectators in the effect. No cards are palmed or copped. This is a practical effect that you will perform. You will need to be able to control your audience a bit but it's pretty easy.

Materials: Nothing. This could be a borrowed deck of cards. It is important that the deck has all of the cards though. You don't want them to pick a card and then realize that one of that suit is missing. That could take away from the effect quite a bit.

Set-Up: None. This is another great thing about the effect.

Angles: There are no angle problems whatsoever really. Unless of course you were performing on a glass table and someone was underneath but I don't really see that happening.

Difficulty: As mentioned before, this is practically self-working. You'll be able to perform this effect the day you buy it most likely. There are really only one or two moves in the entire effect and they are quite easy. The only part you may have trouble with would be audience management but even that's easy.

Overall: This really is a great effect. It truly is. Please don't let the cuts in the trailer turn you away from this effect. This is definitely my new go-to effect for a small group of people now. It would work great if you're playing cards or something, as everyone is already together at a table. This also would go great with Chad Long's Shuffling Lesson so if you have the opportunity to set that up, it works great before this effect. The only problem with this effect is that it is meant for three spectators so that could be a problem in some situations. You could easily modify it to two people but one person would be pushing it a bit.

Performance Story: So everybody had finished their work early in my math class and everybody was basically sitting around talking. A couple friends, knowing that I always carry multiple packs of cards, ask me if they could use them to play a game. After we finished, I brought out a second pack (this is my newer pack that I typically use for magic) and they ask to see a trick. I perform Shuffling Lesson for a friend and him and everybody else. These guys really are the perfect crowd. They're loud, funny, and really seem to be getting into the tricks. So I tell that that cheating at cards is easy if you really want to even if you don't know what cards you're trying to find. I tell them they can all try and perform Con Cam Coincidencia. It went really well. I was pretty nervous throughout as these guys were pretty hard to control and I was afraid they would do something extra that could mess up the effect. It went perfectly and they all flipped out completely. The trick didn't go perfectly, as someone did deal all of their cards down, but other than that it really didn't matter, and they didn't care.

Rating: This is a great effect that you will use and add to your collection of practical effects. 9/10

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Nice review man. I don't really have anything to add to this but liked this effect enough that I figure it deserves a reply. I'd simply emphasise the above in saying don't let the cuts put you off.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Strange, I think, that more people do not seem to have gotten this trick. Well, suit yourself, but I thought I'd mention for the sake of it that if anyone who has this is interested, I've made one or two small changes and notes to the routine taught that I believe make it that much stronger. Some you may have thought of some yourself, some not, but PM me if you are interested, along with the very first sentence in the text that appears in the explanation video from about 10 seconds in (for me to confirm that you own it - although, to be honest, if you don't, it probably won't make sense anyway).

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
Does anyone know if this is any different than the teaching of C3 included in Paul Wilson's Killers DVD?

Interestingly, Shin Lim performed this routine on the concluding episode of this year's AGT! Here's a clip of his C3 performance:

Mar 15, 2018
boardgamegeek.com
Shin Lim later performed it on the Ellen show as well:

Is the way he does it any different from Paul's original handling? I believe the Killers DVD which included C3 was published later, so it is also possible revised his handling for that DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results