Connected by Peter Harrison :: REVIEWED

Sep 8, 2007
Hey all,

For a while, I was searching for the perfect card to wallet for me. I didn't want the card to end up in my wallet, I wanted it to materialize in the spectator's wallet. I currently use Hush Money from Sean Field's Magic Redefined I Notes as my opener. Well, now I open with a card to wallet and end with a card to wallet.

Initial Thoughts: When I first heard of this effect, through Ellusionist, I thought it was just some more hype. I researched it a little, and most reviews were positive. Actually, let me rephrase that, they were all positive. Then, I saw the demo video for it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vSU497sSRg. It looked exactly like what I wanted and more! Then I got serious about buying it.

What You Get: You get a PDF download for 10 pounds (about 20 bucks). But, I highly recommend purchasing the COMBO deal Peter offers. You get two PDFs, Magic in the Real World and Connected. Magic in the Real World has some truly amazing stuff and I highly recommend it to any magician. Anyway, you have to pay through PayPal. You won't receive the download immediately, so don't panic. It will take about 10-15 minutes for it to get to you. It's worth the wait, let me tell you. Once you receive the download, it will expire in 3 days and can be downloaded only 3 times, which ever comes first.

About the PDF: The download is very well written, with no spelling errors (that I could find). It contains very clear photographs and detailed explanations. Peter gives patter advice and helpful hints that will enable you to change Connected to your needs and standards.

Some FAQs:

Q: Is this effect impromptu?
A: This effect does not require any gimmicks whatsoever. But, that doesn't mean that it doesn't require set-up. Set-up takes about 1-2 minutes and is very easy to do. All you need is a deck of cards.

Q: What skill level should I be at before purchasing this?
A: A beginner could do this, with practice. I recommend it to anyone who as some experience with cards. If you can do beginner card sleights, you can successfully pull off Connected.

Q: Does the method require pickpocketing?
A: Absolutely not! That's why I love this so much! However, that does not mean that you can just walk up to a random guy on the street and have things magically appear in his pocket. You need to have a routine built to pull this off. In other words, you can't do what the description says as a single act. You must perform a certain routine Peter includes with the effect before Connected. Sorry, any more clues could lead to exposure.

Q: Can I perform this using a signed card instead of tearing it?
A: You could, it would be more difficult though. Plus, with the patter Petter includes, it would make more sense to the spectator to rip the cards rather than sign them. Besides, what difference does it make? Half the time, spectator's don't know why the heck they are signing the thing in the first place!

Q: Does the spectator need to have a wallet?
A: After considering many factors, I will say, yes. It is possible for the card to end up in the spectator's pocket or purse, but it would not look right at all. Trust me, perform it to a spectator who has a wallet.

Q: Can the spectator truly rip the cards?
A: Absolutely! That's one of the many beauties of this routine!

Closing: Bottom line, if you need a card to spectator's wallet in your routine, definitely go with Peter's. Well done Peter!!!

If you have any questions regarding this review, please feel free to ask.

Brucelee

Sep 14, 2007
Nice review...I was really hyped up to get this and I did. I got the dvd, but in fact i disliked the trick for many reasons...If i could have seen the WHOLE performace of the trick i would have never have gotten it.

Its still a good trick, mostly for magicians who perform ALOT, and have presentations.

Don't get me wrong. I like the trick. It gets some of the best reactions out of anything I perform - leaves people STUMPED. If I were to ever go pro, you'd bet your bottom dollar that I'd close with Connected.

That said, I strongly feel that the product was falsely advertised. I guarantee that when you start reading the PDF, you'll be saying out load: "What the ****? Where was that on the product page?". But again, don't get me wrong; it is a good trick.

Sep 2, 2007
Don't get me wrong. I like the trick. It gets some of the best reactions out of anything I perform - leaves people STUMPED. If I were to ever go pro, you'd bet your bottom dollar that I'd close with Connected.

That said, I strongly feel that the product was falsely advertised. I guarantee that when you start reading the PDF, you'll be saying out load: "What the ****? Where was that on the product page?". But again, don't get me wrong; it is a good trick.

I agree, it's nice effect, but one which was, in my opinion, falsely advertised.

The trailer does not give credence the entire effect. It was as if the trailer showed only the parts that would make one buy it because there are parts to the effect that will turn some people, like me, away from buying it; however, not knowing that there was more to the effect then what was shown, I bought it. I'm not sure if this is the correct analagy, but it's like going to the store and buying orange juice, only to find out when you open it that you need to add water to it before you can drink it.

Once again, its a nice effect, but not exactly what I thought I was buying when I saw it.

Cheers,
JTM

The trailer does not give credence the entire effect. It was as if the trailer showed only the parts that would make one buy it because there are parts to the effect that will turn some people, like me, away from buying it; however, not knowing that there was more to the effect then what was shown, I bought it. I'm not sure if this is the correct analagy, but it's like going to the store and buying orange juice, only to find out when you open it that you need to add water to it before you can drink it.

Once again, its a nice effect, but not exactly what I thought I was buying when I saw it.

Cheers,
JTM

that is the exact topic on the "hype of the week" regarding this product on GoMagicGo.

Sep 14, 2007
I agree, it's nice effect, but one which was, in my opinion, falsely advertised.

Cheers,
JTM

Totally agree about advertisement....they dont give the whole picture. I got really angry watching the $35 dollar DVD. I was planning to perform this trick as a single trick...well this isn't good for it.

Sep 2, 2007
I wish i knew the same thing before I bought the trick.

Too bad there's no theory11-esque return policy.

Hmmm...I wonder how much my DVD will sell for?

On ebay, it’s available for about $20, so I'm sure some will be willing to pay for it; just be sure to include the gratuitous and fictitious trailer :D.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with it, and it's made me disgusted with the effect, though the effect is not that bad.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
New York
The essence of the GMG segment, which was quite detailed, is (and I don't think I'm exposing anything here) that "Connected" is actually a multi-part routine, a series of transpositions, in which the wallet comes into play at an earlier stage of the routine. You have to do these prior stages -- you can't just do the final torn-card-to-wallet part.

Sep 14, 2007
The essence of the GMG segment, which was quite detailed, is (and I don't think I'm exposing anything here) that "Connected" is actually a multi-part routine, a series of transpositions, in which the wallet comes into play at an earlier stage of the routine. You have to do these prior stages -- you can't just do the final torn-card-to-wallet part.

Yah...but you're saying to much i think.
I wanted to get the trick and perform it as a single trick...

Sep 3, 2007
While I do not believe the product was advertised falsely per se, the wording on the advertiseing and the video trailer was very misleading.

"Do you have a wallet?"

Those who own it will no what I mean. I do not believe Peter intended to mislead anyone but I thought this effect, while great in itself, was dissapointing for the expectations placed on it through the advertising.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results