Constructing Magic Routines

Aug 31, 2007
hey every1.
i have wanted to construct like 10 magic routines containing of like 3 or 4 tricks each. so i dont have to think of something to do everytime some1 asks me to show them something.
i have one in progress now:
Thunderbird
Mercury
Mult shift to 4 top shots
deck vanish.

any tips on my routine above would be great.
new routine ideas would also be appreciated.
thnx every1.

Mikey.

I think that's a nice short routine, it all depends on how long you want it. I think those tricks will flow nicely together. Now you must script, having a line up of tricks is one thing but being able to sell these tricks is another.

Sit down and script your patter... even if you aren't going to use the patter you write down, it's good to have guidelines.

We can't really give you other routine ideas because we don't know which effects you have and are currently performing.

Mitchell

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
mercury is a little obvious, but if you can pull it go ahead. What I would do is, work on your presentation i.e. Misdirection, patter, etc., now.I'd also add another trick in there because 3tricks, plus deck vanish is not enough,( I don't really consider deck vanish a trick unless it has to do with something else, and not just a vanish, i.e. Panic), but do whatever works for you

Aug 31, 2007
mercury is a little obvious, but if you can pull it go ahead. What I would do is, work on your presentation i.e. Misdirection, patter, etc., now.I'd also add another trick in there because 3tricks, plus deck vanish is not enough,( I don't really consider deck vanish a trick unless it has to do with something else, and not just a vanish, i.e. Panic), but do whatever works for you
its not an entire deck vanish(sorry i didnt say that.)
i vanish all of the cards except for the 4 aces.

Aug 31, 2007
your routine is a pretty nice short one, i wouldnt do mercury tho, try twisting the aces by lee asher, i think that would work much better i mean mercury as said above is way to obvious.

i am replacing mercury with the asher twist.
easier and less obvious.
thnx

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I like where you are going with this.

I agree with Mitchell above, you have to make sure that you sit down and script out what you are going to say for your patter. You also need to think about asking yourself a couple of questions...

- Does the routine flow?
- Are the sleights that I am doing making sense? (Meaning, is it terribly obvious to my audience that I'm doing something funny at a "get ready" moment)
- Is there a reason for everything that I'm doing?

If you keep those questions in mind and answer them all truthfully while you put your heart into the contruction of this routine...

You'll be golden.

Shane K.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results