Contest - Round 1 Commencing

Aug 18, 2008
Alright so 18 people entered so I guess we are going to go with that. If two more people want in before the round is up just send me a PM.

Here is what I am looking for.

I want you to prove a point relating to magic through a video. Make it something you believe, something you can support. An example would be RD Choppers recent video about music. You can choose anything you like, make it funny, make it serious, just support it with some sort of live performance. Hopefully this makes sense to everyone. Please put some work into this, make it worth everyone's time, make this a great competition.

The videos are due next Thursday at midnight, no exceptions. 8 people will be selected for the next round. GOOD LUCK!

Everyone on this forum likes to talk, but rarely are good points backed up, this is a chance for everyone to do that, hopefully it will spark some really good discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
So you want us to basically have a moral behind the video other then to just doing an effect?

Aug 18, 2008
So you want us to basically have a moral behind the video other then to just doing an effect?

Yes, I am trying to make it more then who has the most technical skill, so there will be some thinking involved. It could be as simple as proving that simple tricks can be extremely effective, but hopefully something deeper, its up to you.

Aug 18, 2008
This is going to be fun :)

Thanks cedwards.

Goodluck, I hope this goes well. My main reason for this is that everyone on this forum likes to talk, but rarely are good points backed up, this is a chance for everyone to do that, hopefully it will spark some really good discussions.

D

Deleted member 2755

Just deleted 16 posts from this thread.... Let's be good children now.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Can anyone please give me DETAILED instruction for this first phase. I have absolutely no idea what is being asked of me :)

English is not my native language, so I need some clarification.

Thanx

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Can anyone please give me DETAILED instruction for this first phase. I have absolutely no idea what is being asked of me :)

English is not my native language, so I need some clarification.

Thanx

Okay, http://www.vimeo.com/6542928

Its sarcasm, but its making a point, wich is that most magicians, use music and doesnt care for patter.

Either way, you have to make a point with your video, maybe expose a common problem in the modern magic community, but it has to be while doing a live performance.

Aug 18, 2008
AWwwwww Fudruckers my audio didn't upload correctly and or corupted.

Please review THIS Link for my first submission. This time I'm certain I have the audio working right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUAjutU_tes

The video is still being "approved" by youtube so that means it should be available in like five minutes.

Thanks for the heads up on that or I'd never caught it in time.

Cheers!
Will

Awesome advice William, thanks for the submission

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results