Control Idea...

May 19, 2008
manchester
here is and idea I had involving control, tell me what you think.

1. the spectator choses a card (forced), the performer tells the spectator that
hearts=1
clubs=2
diamonds=3
spades=4

ace=1
etc etc
all the way to king=13
and writes it all down

2. then the performer tells the spectator to work out what there forced card
makes (e.g the 5 of spades is 4+5=11) but not tell him (the performer).

3. the performer takes the spectators pulse, it slows down and stops, after a
while it beats 11 times (the 5 of spades) then it starts back as normal.

4. to prove this, the spectator choses another card (forced) and only you the
performer looks at it, you work out the numbers.

5. the spectator takes your pulse, you perform control, and once your heart
has stopped after a few seconds it beats 11 times (for the 5 of spades),
then it stops again for a while, and comes back to normal.

6. the card the spectators (second) choice is turned over, the numbers are
worked out and the numbers are all shown to match the amount of times
the pulse beat.

note: you could also have the card in your chest pocket (if you have a chest
pocket).

and thats my idea of how to make control into a proper routine.

tell me what you think

Jan 11, 2008
Copenhagen
4+ 5= 11 :D :D

well.. how do you know? for sure that by 9 pulse beat it is 9 (i assume) is 5 of spades it could as well be 6 of diamonds 7 of club or 8 of heart.

Well i think the idea suxx, its kind of puzzled and not straight forward... by the way: it is stopping your pulse which is the amazing part!

May 19, 2008
manchester
mmmmm...... ill try.... but at the moment its an idea and I wanna get it really good before performing on the street...

but maybe in a month or two (or three).

Jan 11, 2008
Copenhagen
Well anyways i think you destroy the effect.. you destroy the purity and dramatic aspect of the effect.. people wouldnt really believe on the pulsestop part.. thats my thought.. and i think you should keep the original patter

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Interesting idea.

I personally think there is nothing wrong with it the way W:H preforms it. The way I look at the routine is that it is real Dexter touched on this in is chat with Wayne. When you combine it with cards it may appear to be just a trick to the audience.

Another idea is to force a card on someone take their pulse as you say black red black red, clubs spades etc ace, two, three ... jack, queen king. then you state their card.

Then reverse the roles get them to fan the cards you pick one place it aside face down. get them to say the same things over your pulse and control it faster use a double beat when you want them to pick a colour suit etc.

When they guess it turn it over or have them turn it over.

But the most logical next step for control is "For Andruzzi" by Luke Jermay. And the beauty of that effect is that you have to do nothing other than be extremely confident.

May 19, 2008
manchester
I do kinda agree but I think control is over a bit fast (a minuite or two), which is fine (and works),

but I wanted to make a routine involiving cards as well with control, so thats my idea, you could also do it with someone who rights down a number on a peice of paper, peek at it (center tear if thats what its called), stop ur pulse, your heart beats the number, stops. and starts again.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I still think that it has lost all the purity of the effect if you add anything too it.

Centre tears, peeks impression pads a very very useful.

The whole control aspect is pushing the envelope a little too far.

I believe it was Dai Vernon who said something along the lines that a good effect should be able to be described in one sentence.

Control W:H presentation, from the video "his pulse got really fast, slowed down then nothing."

My Understanding of your effect, "I pick a card and was asked to do some maths, then his heart beat that many times and he told me my card." I know it is still one sentence but it leaves the spectator asking what was all the point of the cards.

Centre tearing to get a number is the same thing. However with some careful wording from Kenton Knepper you could get it to something like this.

"I thought of a number and his pulse beat that many times, then stopped."

D

Deleted member 2755

Well anyways i think you destroy the effect.. you destroy the purity and dramatic aspect of the effect.. people wouldnt really believe on the pulsestop part.. thats my thought.. and i think you should keep the original patter

The thing with magic is that you have to make it your own. If we all did the original patter for an effect, we would have a lot of generic and boring magicians wouldn't we? Control (like all effects) can be used for anything. Make it your own. Make it original. We don't have to use it the way Wayne performs it. It is what makes magic unique from person to person. Use it as an effect on it's own or use it as an application for another effect. It is up to you, but you shouldn't say to use the original patter. If you want to, that is fine, but magic should be unique and not generic.

-Doug

Jan 11, 2008
Copenhagen
Well. its a pulsestop effect... The amazing part is the pulsestop... Then u can adopt it your own way... what a meant is that a pulsestop effect should be used as a pulsestopeffect..
Bringing cards into the effect (and make a sysmtem of 1 is spade etc.) really kills the pulsestop in my opinion, cause it doesnt make any kind of sense! U want people to think... WAUW he just stopped his pulse... its Amazing..

May 19, 2008
manchester
well to be honest its just an idea, ill try it out. if it works it works, if it doesnt it doesnt.

and yes maybe the first idea (with all the numbers and stuff) was kinda rubbish but it can be expanded on and made better.

Sep 1, 2007
You really don't want to start saying things like, Clubs = 1, spades =2 etc.

It's a neat concept though. I'd do the psychological force of the number seven, and then do you're idea.

Sep 1, 2007
is it exposure to ask how to do the force, or could you pm it?

because I like that idea, lol

It's more of a, Spectators usually pick seven than a force, but you can include things such as hand gestures and wording to force it, it's briefly taught in stigmata, and in more detail in Joshua Jays Talk About Tricks Vol 3, which also has some awesome other stuff in it.

Oct 6, 2007
Don't see the point of encorporating cards with control.

Yeah, making original patter is good, but involving palying cards with a really emotionally impacting effect like Control.

I mean, Control is an effect you save for the RIGHT moments.

You don't just go up to your parents while they're watchin a movie and tehn stop your heart. Followed by showing them a 'card trick'.

It just wasting an opportunity for a really impacting performance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results