Controls

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
I'm just wondering what controls you guys use most often(other than the standard double undercut and classic pass).

I've been using Cherry Control, LePaul's Bluff Pass, and Fan Control a lot. What controls do you favor and why? I'm looking to learn a few more that maybe I wasn't aware of.

Zack

Oct 10, 2007
i use the oj herman pass by fisher just cuz its a easy and it goes to te bottom. It makes it easier to peek at it if necessary

Sep 1, 2007
I usually do a spread pass or the convincing control. Somtimes I'll do the nowhere pass by Aaron Fisher, but it depends on the situation. Ego slip is great, too.

May 4, 2008
NYC
just wondering, where do you guys learn the cherry control?
is there a book on it or something? cause i'm interested in learning it
...but are the angles good? just curious :)

just wondering, where do you guys learn the cherry control?
is there a book on it or something? cause i'm interested in learning it
...but are the angles good? just curious :)

It is located in one of the "Penumbra" magazines. And the angles are good yes. To answer the forum question, I use the SWE Shift, Broadside Centre Steal, and the Bow To Stern control most frequently

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
DMB or Convincing Control to control card to top or bottom.
A Hermann Pass usually works wonders.
Swingset control ( i think thats what its called, Brian Tudor uses it a lot)

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
A side steal (that probably has a name, but I didn't 'learn' it from anywhere)
Classic and Herman Pass

Most recently I started using a sort of...I guess pass-esk control...not really a pass, but does the work of one...I stumbled upon it a month or two ago messing around, the actual method seems useless-but it's actually proven quite deceptive. It very well could be published with some fancy name...heck if I know.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
A control I invented based on Mikes Move from the Devil's Picturebook.
A slight adaption on the move used in Dan and Dave's Subway.
Misdirection, give the deck a cut.
And occasionally Dan and Dave's Discrepancy Dribble Control.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Dan and Dave's Discrepancy Control
Chad Nelson's spread pass (lovin' it)
Fan control (the one Joel Paschall teaches;))

These are the main ones I use, if I remember any more i'll change the list. Thing is, I usually do a control basing on the situation, so I don't have a 'definitive' list.

That's the way I flow...

GW

Sep 1, 2007
It's Paul LePaul's Spread Pass.

Actually, it's Chad Nelson's handling of Paul Le Paul's a flourish and a pass. Chad's is pretty different. The only similarity is that there is a spread involved as cover, but the way it's used is different as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results