Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin Question

JohnC20

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2017
since every time you perform this trick, you need to rip up a card, is there a good deck for this trick? Like a deck with all cards identical

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Yep, they're called One Way Force decks, you can pick them up from Penguin Magic, Amazon, and a bunch of other online retailers.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Or just buy two decks. Also, Pinochle decks have two of every card for 8, 9,10,J,Q,K,A in all suites.
Does a Pinochle deck feel and look identical to a standard? Because that's a regular deck + 21 d********s

Also, should we really be censoring d********s?
Anyone on this forum is clearly interested in the craft.

JohnC20

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2017
Alright so I bought a Bicycle 12 Pack instead of One way force deck because it's cheaper and more convincing to be able to use a different card if performing it to the same people. Also, I'm new here, what's the censored word?

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
I was under the impression that if it's something as commonplace in magic as "d********s", discussing them doesn't constitute exposure, because it's basically looked on as public domain between fellow magicians.

EDIT:
I just censored it because I'm not quite sure if it would be considered exposure on the forums here and I just didn't want to upset anyone. Decided to play it better safe than sorry.
Fair enough.

JohnC20

Elite Member
Mar 22, 2017
Oh I know what it means lol. I just asked because I thought the website censors it automatically

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So...can we not censor it?

Same thing for things like people putting i******* d*** in stead of the word ID

Still not sure if you think we should stop censoring it :'')

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
How do you pronounce Pinochle?

Pea Knuckle

Does a Pinochle deck feel and look identical to a standard? Because that's a regular deck + 21 d********s

A Pinochle deck is a deck of regular cards, but it just has two sets of the 8s through Ace for each suite. 28 cards. No 2 through 7s.

So...can we not censor it?

I think the reason that Tyler was sensoring it was because it reveals part of the method for a marketed effect. I tend to agree with him. If there was just a discussion outside of the context of a marketed effect (e.g. what do you use to make a rough and smooth deck? Or how do you corner-short a card?) then there is no reason to censor the method because without more information the person wouldn't be able to apply it to an effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results