Counterfeit Rosé JAQK cards?

trikuxabi

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2022
Hi all!

I have just received some Rosé JAQK playing cards that I bought on eBay (I know, I know). I believed they were manufactured by theory11 but they feel and handle really poorly, so I’ve been investigating a bit and here are my findings:

- Most obvious find, my deck lacks a sticker seal. I’ve seen original theory11 JAQK decks have a black sticker, with numbering 021 because the cards were produced in 2021.
- The copyright date on the box doesn’t match. Mine says 2012, theory11’s says 2015.
- theory11 ad card is missing. Both ad cards are JAQK related instead.
- I believe these do not have thin borders, but I might be wrong with that.
- The cards handle really horribly! They can barely be spread… they feel as if the faces had been roughed. In fact, I’ve been able to create an impromptu brainwave deck in 30 seconds with it :D

Is this a counterfeit deck? Or was it printed by JAQK years ago without theory11’s involvement?

I might stop buying cards off eBay altogether after this bad experience…

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: HoldanBille

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
If your deck arrived new without a sticker seal, definitely alarming. All JAQK Rose decks have a black seal with "Series No. 021" on the bottom of it. The bottom of the tuck case also has the year 2015. If the cards handle poorly, it is also an indicator of a fake. Can you send me a private message with the eBay link so we can investigate? Thank you!

trikuxabi

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2022
If your deck arrived new without a sticker seal, definitely alarming. All JAQK Rose decks have a black seal with "Series No. 021" on the bottom of it. The bottom of the tuck case also has the year 2015. If the cards handle poorly, it is also an indicator of a fake. Can you send me a private message with the eBay link so we can investigate? Thank you!
Sent, thank you for your help :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results