Couple of Things From E

Sep 18, 2007
Hey guys, I just ordered a Gibson Pro Close Up Pad (14x18in) and I was wondering if any of you had THIS particular pad. I was going to buy the Apollo pad that E had but for some reason they discontinued it before I could get my hands on it. So if you guys have one I'd like to here what you think of them. Pros and cons pretty much.

I also saw a Joe Porper Card Clip and I was wondering what makes it so expensive. What makes it so much better than the stainless steal clips? If any of you have one I'd like to get the low-down on it.

P.S. I just thought it might be cool if T11 came up with its own signature close up pad. I would get on for sure.

Thanks,

Isaac

Feb 21, 2008
In Your Closet
The porper card clip is different from the steel card guard in lots of ways:

Its black.
It's specially made to flattens cards, unlike the card guard, which is supposed to keep your cards from getting warped in your pocket.
It's expensive because it is really high-quality thick metal.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
owen.christian basicly covered the gyst of the porper clip. The other thing that makes it different from the stainless steel porper clips is it is SUPER tight. If you plan on putting a guardian deck in it, DON'T!

As for the close-up mat, I don't really think there is a "bad" close-up mat, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Aside from that, welcome to the forums owen.christian, hope you enjoy your stay, we don't bite and if you need anything, feel free to PM me or add me up on AIM.

If your worried about buying the Porper Clip due to cost, don't worry about it. Owen.Christian pretty much covered all you need to know about it but, it's one of the best things I've ever bought.

It made old decks feel like new, after only leaving it inside for a day or 2. It is very high quality, and the one's sold at Ellusionist are slightly bigger to fit their decks so if you have lots of Masters, or Guardians decks I suggest picking one up from there.

-RA69

Jan 21, 2008
Vero Beach FL
Hey thats strange i just bought the gibson close up pad and it came a week ago. Well for the pros it is easy to clean, can do really nice even spreads, good for shuffling (dealing also mucking) on if your in to gambling techniques, it is easy to carry with you, and makes you look more professional. Well for some cons if you have dogs it attracts dog hair well there isnt anymore i can think of so there you go. I hope you like it.

JD

if im not mistaken the Porper is cut out of a single block of material desinged for a perfect fit.... as for the "card guards", they take a sheet of steel and fold it over in the shape to go over a deck.

so the "card guard" can be easily opened wider or closed narrower, but the Porper will keep its shape at all times.

Jan 27, 2008
I might eventually purchase a Joe-Porper clip but until then...:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=330

Unfortunetly, they are sold out right now but.... until then....:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Card-Guard-stai...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Next time Penguin magic get's 'em back in stock, I'd highly recommend you buy like 3 or 6 of them because they go fast!!!

As for the pad, this is the one I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magicians-Close...ryZ14014QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well, I didn't buy that one exactly but I bought one extremely similar to it. Just look around on Ebay.

I find that the fuzzy-plushy pads attract a lot of dust, lint, ...etc, so..... Unless your going for the non-slip rubber pads, get a lint roller too!

I typed in "close up pad" on YouTube and I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc9qiLEXqag

..:Z:..

Sep 1, 2007
I think E still sells the Apollo Pad but you need to send in a support ticket. It is because the site changed to a new one and they need time to add products in. Not sure if this is the case now, but still it's worth a try.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results