Crazy Man's Handcuffs Thread - Ideas and Concepts

Nov 13, 2009
Hey Guys,

Crazy Man's Handcuffs is another effect that I just love. It is one of my work horse effects. It has great specator interaction and just captures that look of awe from the spectators. I thought I would start a thread discussing this wonderful trick.

1.First what is your favorite presentation of this effect? I usually tell the specators that if I was crazy I would be unable to escape from hand cuffs made of rubber. So I would have to cause rubber to pass through rubber.

2.What is you favorite routine for Crazy Mans hand cuffs? I like to do the normal routine of passing the rubber bands through each other once then show them a back view of the rubber bands and do it again. Finally I have them strech out there fingers and hold one band I hold the other and the come apart.

3. How many time should we repeat the effect? I usually do it three times in a row.

4. Finally what other rubber band tricks do you think would go well with crazy man handcuffs? Personally I like the idea of doing Daniel Garcia's ring through rubber band with this effect and as an ending slr by Paul Harris.

If you don't know a crazy man's handcuffs routine I would definatly learn one. It is an amazing illusion that get great response from the audience.

Thanks all,

Christian

Jul 14, 2008
I want to perform Crazy Man's Handcuffs and I thought it's a great opener and a great closure to Pixel of ACR performance. I was wondering if you can perform this with a 16 size rubber band?

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I want to perform Crazy Man's Handcuffs and I thought it's a great opener and a great closure to Pixel of ACR performance. I was wondering if you can perform this with a 16 size rubber band?

Of COURSE! It's easiest for me with size 16 rubberbands, ESPECIALLY if they're 100% rubber!

Best of luck,

-Sanj

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
I think i use 19.

Its my opener for a rubber band routine, most of the material came from Dan Harlan series of rubber band magic.

I use a few things from the first two dvd's, its basically a penetration routine.
It ends with a rubber band up the nose, also from his set.

I did not have cards or rubber bands one night after a basketball game, and someone asked tme to do something to i ended up doing crazy man's with a hair tie, and a animal bracelet

Sep 3, 2007
It is basically the "go-to" effect for rubberbands. I never understood it completely and thought it was easy/bad. Then showing it to someone you will realize that they see something different.

If you do the crazy man's handcuffs on a spectators fingers, DO NOT DO ANY RUBBER BAND TRICK AFTERWARD! Nothing is stronger than when those bands melt through while on the spectators own fingers. I've done this effects hundreds of times, and the bands penetrating while on their fingers is the thing that they talk about for months.

Speaking of which, here is an old video of me doing the effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86vGIJ-mdHM

Probably my all time favorite routine.

C

Nov 13, 2009
"If you do the crazy man's handcuffs on a spectators fingers, DO NOT DO ANY RUBBER BAND TRICK AFTERWARD! Nothing is stronger than when those bands melt through while on the spectators own fingers. I've done this effects hundreds of times, and the bands penetrating while on their fingers is the thing that they talk about for months."

^^ That is so true Cliff! I love performing it with the spectators holding one of the bands it never fails to get a reaction.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results