Crazy Man's Handcuffs

Jul 10, 2010
McAllen, TX
www.wix.com
It's easy, organic, impromptu, you can borrow the objects, it's simple and direct, easy for the spectator to understand, can be performed anywhere, packs extremely small, it's a miracle.

Sep 3, 2007
I find it difficult to introduce the bands unless I'm in a work-place. How could we bring up the bands in a general scenario?

[Edited] You know, maybe I shouldn't ask you that question since there could be a dirty answer.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I keep them on my wrist and mention that old joke with the card that says, "How do you entertain an idiot for hours? Turn over for answer."

Sep 3, 2007
So, you would have rubber bands on your wrist before hand? And only use that in a casual gathering? Is there any way else you could introduce the bands?

Jul 10, 2010
McAllen, TX
www.wix.com
I guess the only realistic way would be talking about a science conversation casually. Then steering it into some article (FAKE) about everything having a soft spot, you just need to find it. Then do crazy Man's Handcuffs.

Sep 1, 2010
Next time have his poop analyzed. Take a picture of him and poke the eyes with red hot needles. If I was there I would do you a favor by grabbing him by the scruff of the neck, then drag him outside and proceed to adjust his attitude.

Sep 20, 2009
Magician: hey man, whats your favorite band?

Spectator: New Kids On The Block! why? whats your favorite band?

Magician: Let Me Show you..

*End Joke*

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Next time have his poop analyzed. Take a picture of him and poke the eyes with red hot needles. If I was there I would do you a favor by grabbing him by the scruff of the neck, then drag him outside and proceed to adjust his attitude.

What the hell? Am I missing something here?

I know people that put a rubber band around their wallet to keep it from slipping out of their pocket. Alternatively, instead of a card case, put the bands around a deck of cards. It would be natural to pull them off, put them around your wrist, then after a crd effect, use the bands for an effect. Just a thought.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
The same way you introduce anything else, cards, coins etc.

Is this a serious thread?

This is how you get into CMH

Step 1- take Rubber band's off wrist, or out of pocket.
Step 2- say watch this
Step 3- Perform CMH
Step 4- wait for reaction
Step 5- put Rubber Band's back in pocket, or on wrist and walk away

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
The same way you introduce anything else, cards, coins etc.

Is this a serious thread?

This is how you get into CMH

Step 1- take Rubber band's off wrist, or out of pocket.
Step 2- say watch this
Step 3- Perform CMH
Step 4- wait for reaction
Step 5- put Rubber Band's back in pocket, or on wrist and walk away

Step 6 - Get mediocre reactions for not building an effect

I'd like to hear if people can come up with some serious or at least dynamic presentations for this effect. It's an old favourite of mine that I used to do as a comedy piece, but I would be delighted to get some serious ideas thrown in here.

Mar 27, 2010
i usually talk about the old trick of escapism when u have a chain around you and it exists a weaker link in the chain, and how that can be applied to everything in our life, for example, this random and totally normal rubberbands have a weaker part of it where u can pass through another rubberband (proceed with my extensive rbberband routine)

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois

I'd like to hear if people can come up with some serious or at least dynamic presentations for this effect. It's an old favourite of mine that I used to do as a comedy piece, but I would be delighted to get some serious ideas thrown in here.

i typically have two presentations for crazy mans handcuffs

one for normal bands.
Normal bands i do pretty much what Zac said soft spot routine, i like to refer to the spots on top of a babies head.

and another for Silly Bandz!!

i give a psuedo explanation for how the bands are made. i say "you know how they make these things right?" "how" "they make a normal rubber band, then cut them and reattach them at odd angles, leaving these weird spots for magicians like me to do crazy junk like this... proceed to CMH and impromptu linking rubber bands.

i can find silly bandz anywhere. it takes literally no effort to find somebody in a crowd with a couple. i need to buy some just in case that ever happens though.. oh well

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee

step 7- learn to take a joke

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results