Creative Vado HD or Kodak Zi6

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Im looking for a video camera and from what i here the vado hd and the zi6 are the best ones. Im planning on filming performances, so which camera do you guys like more, what are some pros, cons which do you recommend?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Have heard great things about the Kodak Zi8. Check it out here. If size and convenience are the most important factors for you, the Flip Mino HD is hard to beat; it's tiny. All should work great for quick videos of performances as long as you have good lighting (not too dark).

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I've got a Zi6, and the only thing that lets it down is that there's no image stabilization, which can be a bit annoying when you're just shooting something handheld. Looks like they've sorted it with the Zi8!

The minos are cool, just point and shoot, I prefer the kodak though as you can stick in memory cards so are not limited to just shooting an hour's footage! :)

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
VADO! Can't recommend it enough. Take a look at test videos yourself, they look awesome.
and it picks up fast motions well, like flourishing and such.
Small, very very portable. Removable battery too, definitely a plus.

I can't compare to similar camcorders, but take a look at some reviews comparing them, you'll see the Vado almost always come out on top. :cool:

Again, I can't comment on other choices, but I have no complaints about the Vado, only awesome and win.

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
VADO! Can't recommend it enough. Take a look at test videos yourself, they look awesome.
and it picks up fast motions well, like flourishing and such.
Small, very very portable. Removable battery too, definitely a plus.

I can't compare to similar camcorders, but take a look at some reviews comparing them, you'll see the Vado almost always come out on top. :cool:

Again, I can't comment on other choices, but I have no complaints about the Vado, only awesome and win.

ya i have watched the reviews and the vado does seem to have the best quality but people said the audio isnt very good and audio is an important factor in any situation.

Feb 9, 2009
I have a Zi6. Purchased it over the flip mino HD because I wanted more than an hour of battery if I needed it (remembering turning camera on/off several times throughout your recording will use a good amount of battery). However, the Zi6 is larger than the flip minos. I'm going to keep the Zi6 for a bit until I can see how slimmer the Zi8's are but I do like the slim sexy flip's. Like others have said, if you want the smallest / lightest cam for quick pocket shooting Flip is your pick. If you can live with dedicating a full pocket or whatever for a larger cam and want more than 1 hour of battery life go for the Zi6

**Speaking of battery life**

It takes several hours to re-charge both the Zi6 and the flip cams (2-4 hours). The Zi6 can however use regular drop on AA's and the flip cannot.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results