Criss Angel, I know I know, but I have a good question!

Ok, I have a question on a Criss angel trick, but I won't be surprised if it really is just camera tricks...

The arm through vending machine window he does. Is that publicly available? I think it was during the burning man episode, but I could be wrong. The one where he puts a hankerchief over his arm, put his arm into the machine, grabs chips, and pulls them out. Then he removes the hanky and there' no holes. Knowing Criss, this could be a stupidly camera made trick, but it looks sick.

Thanks,
Evan

Aug 31, 2007
California
A lot of the material Criss uses is just stae effects, taken off of the stage.

If you search around for some stage stuff, I am sure you can find a version of something that Criss does.

Keenan

Sep 17, 2007
I actually have a scaled down vesion of the vending machine trick. I push a pencil through a piece of glass. It is the same principle and the same gimmick. He used this gimick in the episode were he goes through the armor thruck only that gimick was bigger.

Sep 1, 2007
This is not a trick that's neccesarily sold. You have to have someone make it for you. It is a stage effect, you can't just walk up to a window and perform it. Criss didn't need stooges for this effect though. The vending machine has to be tampered with earlier. I don't think you can really buy this for casual street work, you have to go to an illusion builder.

This is not a trick that's neccesarily sold. You have to have someone make it for you. It is a stage effect, you can't just walk up to a window and perform it. Criss didn't need stooges for this effect though. The vending machine has to be tampered with earlier. I don't think you can really buy this for casual street work, you have to go to an illusion builder.

Such as who? How do they know how to make it? And does it have a name?

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Ah, yes. I know what effect you are talking about. You are correct when you said that it was in the burning man episode. (Saw it for the 2nd time last night, it was a sick episode)

Anyway,
I also saw that effect in one of the Room 401 episodes. I have a vague idea of how it could be done. But, that's not the purpose for this thread, is it? Hah.

It's episodes like that on MindFreak that keep Criss as a respected magician in my eyes.

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
Ok, I have a question on a Criss angel trick, but I won't be surprised if it really is just camera tricks...

The arm through vending machine window he does. Is that publicly available? I think it was during the burning man episode, but I could be wrong. The one where he puts a hankerchief over his arm, put his arm into the machine, grabs chips, and pulls them out. Then he removes the hanky and there' no holes. Knowing Criss, this could be a stupidly camera made trick, but it looks sick.

Thanks,
Evan

Criss Angel actually reveals the trick on the show -- he states that the only thing you need is his special Criss Angel Magic Handkerchief, which I believe is selling for $3,000,000 on his website. :D

Actually, I believe this effect is similar to the one in which he goes through a window, which isn't a camera trick, but rather a illusion, as he calls it.

Cheers,
JTM

that effect was an idea by my good friend gerard, he's a totally awesome guy. it was originally going to be used for the MICHAEL podcast, but it never happened. gerard is really the man behind criss, without gerard there really wouldn't be a season 3, he's rediculously intelligent...as for criss, he's ok i guess, a tremendous talking prop in my opinion. No doubt he's worked hard, you have to in order to get where he's at, but really he's riding blaine's coat tails in my opinion and you're lying if you tell me he doesn't want to by Cyril :p ...cuz who doesnt?!?!

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Indeed the piece of glass has to be tampered with but the presentation of the effect has to look impromptu. I use to work for a nightclub here in Tampa and I did what Rico did on THEM. He walked through a glass window. I talked to the club's owner and together we made walking through a window possible. The entire week before the 'big performance'.. my cousin and I went around handing out flyers to the club saying there was going to be a magician appearing there.. they just didn't know it was me. Met up with most of them outside the club, stepped out of line and announced that I was the magician and did the illusion. People were shocked. It definitely was a rep maker and it sure brought a lot of business to the club. Awesome effect

signature.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed the piece of glass has to be tampered with but the presentation of the effect has to look impromptu. I use to work for a nightclub here in Tampa and I did what Rico did on THEM. He walked through a glass window. I talked to the club's owner and together we made walking through a window possible. The entire week before the 'big performance'.. my cousin and I went around handing out flyers to the club saying there was going to be a magician appearing there.. they just didn't know it was me. Met up with most of them outside the club, stepped out of line and announced that I was the magician and did the illusion. People were shocked. It definitely was a rep maker and it sure brought a lot of business to the club. Awesome effect

-Deryn
signature.png

Where did you learn it? And how much does it cost? How much would it pwn to have a sheet of glass as your door, and to walk through it lol... And I mean a door to your room, not an exterior door.

Thanks,
Evan

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I didn't "learn it" anywhere.. What I usually do when I'm creating an effect, I think about the effect and ask myself what it would take to accomplish the effect. With my former boss, he had a lot of connections and very smart as well so between us, we came up with a method. For us to construct the special window, it ended costing us around $1000.. that's glass, installation, and a few other thing I cannot mention as it's exposure.

The best thing is that it's foolproof and tamper proof meaning if someone were to come up and inspect the window, they won't find anything suspicious.

Oh and one more note, there's a reason it's a plate glass window. ;)

signature.png

I didn't "learn it" anywhere.. What I usually do when I'm creating an effect, I think about the effect and ask myself what it would take to accomplish the effect. With my former boss, he had a lot of connections and very smart as well so between us, we came up with a method. For us to construct the special window, it ended costing us around $1000.. that's glass, installation, and a few other thing I cannot mention as it's exposure.

The best thing is that it's foolproof and tamper proof meaning if someone were to come up and inspect the window, they won't find anything suspicious.

Oh and one more note, there's a reason it's a plate glass window. ;)

signature.png

Hehe, nice job coming up with it, but I doubt I'll manage that. Is it something you could do on a smaller scale?
And are you releasing it?

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
With the proper convincers, anything is possible.

I've wanted to perform this as well, but I don't have the cash or the skills to create it... guess I need to find a carpenter... :)

Aug 31, 2007
im building the gimmick used in the walk up wall episode, where he goes thru the shop window, thats fairly easy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results