Criss Angel's coin to glass routine?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello

Has anyone seen the Coin to glass routine criss angel does on a episode called Party? Does anyone know if there is any place to find the one move where he puts the coin trough the deck into the glass?

Sep 26, 2007
Its called the flight deck i think... its a gimmick by john kennedy.. its about 300 dollars, and not worth it at all

fridoliina, I have two methods I created myself. PM me if you're interested.

Descriptions:
1. You put a deck of cards over the mouth of a glass. You put a coin on top of the deck. With one wave of the hand, the coin falls through the deck and into the glass.

2. You put a glass upside down on a table. You place a deck on top of the bottom of the glass. You place a coin on top of the deck. With one wave of the hand, the coin falls through the deck and the glass.

fridoliina, I have two methods I created myself. PM me if you're interested.

Descriptions:
1. You put a deck of cards over the mouth of a glass. You put a coin on top of the deck. With one wave of the hand, the coin falls through the deck and into the glass.

2. You put a glass upside down on a table. You place a deck on top of the bottom of the glass. You place a coin on top of the deck. With one wave of the hand, the coin falls through the deck and the glass.

Would you by chance be willing to discuss some of your ideas with me? I am a big fan of coin through glass routines and would love to share ideas or just discuss it.

Sharp

Dec 5, 2007
Backto the topic....

Yes it is a gimmiced deck that does all the work however all the sleights he uses are in Modern Coin Magic.....dvd set or book.

its a good routine and one of the VERY few of his that I like...

Do you own the gimmick? Im very intrested in buying it, If you do, Is it any good?

Sep 24, 2007
Hmmm. I've heard that the kennedy gimmick is not that bad. Second phase could use a raven or some extreme palming. Either way is fine i guess.

If you re talking about criss' routine, he uses only sleights, no gimmcis or devises, except for the deck which was specially made for 'his' cards.
the cards he has that are supplied by A&E were customly made to suit his needs.
no raven and theres no 'extreme palming' in it or tha I have heard of.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
If you re talking about criss' routine, he uses only sleights, no gimmcis or devises, except for the deck which was specially made for 'his' cards.
the cards he has that are supplied by A&E were customly made to suit his needs.
no raven and theres no 'extreme palming' in it or tha I have heard of.

Is this a released effect for sale that Criss performed or are you just guessing at the method here? I am just curious where you came by this information.

Dec 5, 2007
Is this a released effect for sale that Criss performed or are you just guessing at the method here? I am just curious where you came by this information.

Hes doing a coin to glass routine, its not released the exact same way as he does it but you can see the slights he uses clearly if your been doing some coin magic. Its a good routine

Thanks for that Fridoliina,
I would have said the same thing as you.

criss takes some chips and might have an extra, I cant remeber, however he uses slieghts which are all taught on/in the books/dvds of Modern Coin Magic
or Bo Bo's coin magic.

Its a fairly easy routine and cant be replicated completly if you dont have the gimmicked deck, however there are at least a 100 variations of the entire routine and numerous way of doing it through the deck.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for that Fridoliina,
I would have said the same thing as you.

criss takes some chips and might have an extra, I cant remeber, however he uses slieghts which are all taught on/in the books/dvds of Modern Coin Magic
or Bo Bo's coin magic.

Its a fairly easy routine and cant be replicated completly if you dont have the gimmicked deck, however there are at least a 100 variations of the entire routine and numerous way of doing it through the deck.

Ah ok I gotcha. I don't watch the show so I hadn't seen it and I hadn't seen the performance for this effect. Sounds like a neat idea.

--Jim

Dec 5, 2007
Ah ok I gotcha. I don't watch the show so I hadn't seen it and I hadn't seen the performance for this effect. Sounds like a neat idea.

--Jim

Go on to youtube and Search for Criss angel Party and watch part one. Its a very simple routine but i think he does it a bit more fun then most magicians does. And if you have the gimmick deck its a killer routine, but is like 200 dollars. still great without it.

Sep 24, 2007
i'm sorry, I had not seen the routine when I made my previous comment. No raven or even any difficult palming is used.

Also, I do not think that this is the Kennedy gimmick as he puts the cards, and not the box on top of the glass.

Dec 5, 2007
i'm sorry, I had not seen the routine when I made my previous comment. No raven or even any difficult palming is used.

Also, I do not think that this is the Kennedy gimmick as he puts the cards, and not the box on top of the glass.

I dont think the box is the gimmick part in kennedys flight deck its something in the cards.

Think about it for a bit...
he is criss angel, he has loads of money and he can spend a lot on a special deck

the deck can have an entire team of 50 people working on it to make the coin drop or it could be as simple as a slight rush of air letting the coin fall....

look at 'Electric Touch' and the huge setup it takes, i dont have it so please dont ask me abot it, but I do know its a huge gimmick

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results