Cube Magic - ShengShou Aurora

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
I have a ShengShou Aurora that I've been using as I start into Cube Magic, but I want to purchase another to use for a Rubik's Cube matching routine, and possibly a third to use with Cube FX if/when I purchase that. I tried ordering an Aurora through a seller on Amazon, but the product they shipped me, which they claimed was the Aurora, was definitely a ShengShou Wind. I can't read any of the labeling, but the cube that the seller claimed was the Aurora was much looser and clackier, and isn't quite a perfect match in appearance either due to a slight different in size. From the descriptions of the Wind online, specifically the differences between the Aurora and the Wind, I'm quite sure that it's a Wind. But enough on that, I'm looking for suggestions on where to order a ShengShou Aurora. I'm reluctant to try again with Amazon, is there another online store I could order through that's reliable, ships quickly, and will actually send me the right cube?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Also if you could complain and might be able to get your money back and keep the cube! Worth a try.

Not that we recommend trying to do this to Amazon...

I tried ordering an Aurora through a seller on Amazon, but the product they shipped me, which they claimed was the Aurora, was definitely a ShengShou Wind.

Reach out to the seller on Amazon, and they may at least offer you a return so you can get your money back for the cube you want.

I don't know specifically what your cube needs are, but my favorite cube by far is my Moyu Hualong. I'm no pro though, just my two cents.

// L

Reactions: Lindel
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
https://thecubicle.us/ I find has really fast shipping and relatively cheap. Check it out
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Also if you could complain and might be able to get your money back and keep the cube! Worth a try.
Oh, I actually sent a message to Amazon customer care, just to see if I could return it or something, and they did exactly that, refunded it and said I could keep the cube. Sorry, forgot to mention that earlier.

I don't know specifically what your cube needs are, but my favorite cube by far is my Moyu Hualong. I'm no pro though, just my two cents.
// L

Thanks for the suggestion! Since I have one Aurora already, and I've gotten comfortable using it, I think I'll stick with that for now. I like it for its unassuming look, the lack of any distracting logos, and the almost perfect silence when turning. But I'll definitely look into the Moyu Hualong for future reference!

Reactions: Toby Langdon
Dec 30, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion! Since I have one Aurora already, and I've gotten comfortable using it, I think I'll stick with that for now. I like it for its unassuming look, the lack of any distracting logos, and the almost perfect silence when turning. But I'll definitely look into the Moyu Hualong for future reference!
If you're into speedcubing at all my personal favourite cube is the Moyu Aolong V2 but the Aurora is definitely great for cube magic, especially as it has a very similar look to the Rubik's brand.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results