Cups and Balls--Cups Penetration

Sep 23, 2012
Does the cup penetration (one clinking through the other) ever fool anybody, or is it meant to be more of a joke?

Sep 2, 2007
London
Does the cup penetration (one clinking through the other) ever fool anybody, or is it meant to be more of a joke?

It can look absolutely terrible, but if you practise until you get the timing perfect and you don't make a big deal of it, almost performing it on an offbeat, it can work great. Just do it and move on before the audience get a chance to reconstruct it in their minds, and it becomes a startling, "What just happened there?" moment.

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA

I don't use classic cups, so I don't tend to use that move, but I do use the move where you pretend to jam your wand through the bottom of one cup. My routine is mostly a comedy routine, and I do this quickly in one of the early phases of the routine to get a quick laugh mostly.

It's only as funny as you make it. I've found having obvious and/or terrible early phases is a great way to get people off guard for when you start pulling out oranges or crystal balls or whatever you're using for loads at the end of the routine.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
It can look absolutely terrible, but if you practise until you get the timing perfect and you don't make a big deal of it, almost performing it on an offbeat, it can work great. Just do it and move on before the audience get a chance to reconstruct it in their minds, and it becomes a startling, "What just happened there?" moment.

Exactly. "I have three cups here which are (do the move) mostly solid."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results