Cushion vs. Flow

OK,

I purchased 3 Guardians because they look amazing.

My only questions are...

Are the Air Cushion Finish from the Guardians as good as the UV500 Air-Flow Finish from the Masters?

What is the difference between these finishes?

Which is better?

I don't know the difference, but I sure hope the Air Cushion Finish is as good as the Masters UV500 Air-Flow Finish. I love the way Masters handle.

Sep 2, 2007
The air-cushion finish is what's on regular bikes. If you feel Masters handle better than regular bikes, you'll probably also feel that Masters handle better than Guardians.

Sep 5, 2007
well personally UV500 to me is far better that air cushion. it just feels better and wears longer and more evenly.

Sep 2, 2007
Hong Kong
I prefer the standard air cushion. UV seems to stick together too readily.
Especially if the cards aren't new.

I'm still not really sure why people prefer a thicker card stock either. To me they just don't fan as well.

Recipe for success using UV finish cards:
1) Use the deck /Get a little grime on the cards
2) Return to card box
3) Leave near window sill for a few hours

A baked Masters pie! Good for... a full deck vertigo

Sep 2, 2007
I own and have used many different decks with the UV500 airflow finish, and for all intents and purposes I've pretty much concluded that the UV500 is superior to the air cushion. I've got Ghost decks six months old that still make perfect circles when fanned and don't clump at all, and Masters that are several months old that also fan like a dream. Regular bikes definitely clump and "split" (you know, when you fan and two cards just seem to want to come further apart than the rest) much more readily than Ghosts or Masters.

I've also concluded that right now, for me, custom cards just aren't worth the money because they don't heighten the reactions I receive. If I someday get to the point where I can just throw money around willy-nilly, I might consider switching over to red and blue Masters, but for now regular bikes handle plenty well enough for me, and I can get them for $13.50 a dozen. I used to swear by Ghosts, but I just can't see the point in spending five dollars plus shipping on a deck that will give me the same reactions and functionality I'd get out of a deck that only costs me about a dollar.

But yeah, if you've got the cash and feel like nice cards will enhance your performances, then the UV500 is definitely a better finish. If your cards are clumping fast on you, you need to look at how you're treating them, because I've never had this problem with the UV500.

Sep 1, 2007
austria
i also love the ghosts, i haven't tried the masters though, but i think they will behave likewise. on the other hand i think this thread is pretty useless, because we will see how the cards handle when we get them in the first place and furthermore i think we are in no position to doubt dan and daves decision, because i think at the moment no one knows better how a deck of cards should be to have the best handling for flourishing and magic.

Thanks for the input guys.

I got my 3 Decks of Guardians and I posted a review.

All I can say is that I prefer UV500 now that I got a chance to play with Guardians.

The statement that Air Cushion is just like regular bikes is true and this is why I like the Masters the best. They last a very long time. I also love the Ghost deck, but I require two colors when using my cards. I have many great tricks that need the other color.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Aug 31, 2007
Whatever finish the Guardians have I don't like it.

I don't like my Guardians at all. They seem to "thin" and bend/crease real easy. I am not a expert card handler but the little I know and perform I won't be using these for.

TheGame

Sep 1, 2007
All my regular bikes clump so much faster than the ones i have with the UV500 finish and i use them more so i personally like the UV500s better

Sep 2, 2007
All my regular bikes clump so much faster than the ones i have with the UV500 finish and i use them more so i personally like the UV500s better

My two Ghosts decks are UV 500, and they have clumped up more than all the decks I have every gotten combined. :(

The Guardian's stock is not as good as that of a Ghost, Tiger or Masters deck, but it's better than that of regular Bicycles, and they look awesome. :)

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Whatever finish the Guardians have I don't like it.

They have the Air Cusion finish, but from what I've heard it's not as good as the air cusion on regular bikes.

The Air Cusion finish is better for fanning, so as a flourisher I prefer it. The UV500 starts to "resist" fanning after awhile (if you know what I mean). At first it works great, but after a short period of time it's not so smooth.

Air Cusion rules!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results