Custom decks... why not make some marked decks?

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
With all the magic companies making AMAZING custom decks, and what not, why not make a marked variation of any of these? Or even better, a custom deck that is marked?
I used marked decks all the time, and I don't care if people chime in and say I'm not a good magician or whatever...because in the eyes of my spectators, I have presented them with miracles. Gambling demos, mind reading demos, pyschological demos, etc etc. The marked deck just takes everything up a notch.
My favorite right now is the David Blaine marked deck...they are cheap, well made, and work well right out of the box. It was so frustrating to spend $30-$50 on one marked deck, and then be too afraid to take it into the world and perform for fear of a wet table, or someone dropping the cards on the floor.
So, what do you think theory11...maybe a marked variation of the sentinels?
or making a future deck that is marked that still sits in the $4.95-$6.95 price range?

Sep 20, 2008
To be fair, it probably wouldnt cost them that much to make one. It'll still be done the same way, albeit with some alterations to the back (or faces. whatever th marking system is. etc.) and still be done by batches.

Dont actually know why they dont bother selling them.

Sep 9, 2007
The USPC site says they charge $100 for each custom back (http://www.usplayingcard.com/pages/custom_cards/10.php), so a marked deck with every back being different would add $5,200 to the cost of the run of decks. Depending on the number of decks printed, that could add $3 to $5 to the manufacturer's cost of the deck -- which might mean we pay an extra $5 to $15. (All estimates here).

However, I feel that companies like T11 who do all of their own design could give print-ready art to USPC and avoid the extra charges. I like the idea, let's hope somebody runs with it.

The USPC site says they charge $100 for each custom back (http://www.usplayingcard.com/pages/custom_cards/10.php), so a marked deck with every back being different would add $5,200 to the cost of the run of decks. Depending on the number of decks printed, that could add $3 to $5 to the manufacturer's cost of the deck -- which might mean we pay an extra $5 to $15. (All estimates here).

However, I feel that companies like T11 who do all of their own design could give print-ready art to USPC and avoid the extra charges. I like the idea, let's hope somebody runs with it.

Its not that the USPCC has to normally come up with designs, they'd have to have a unique plate for each card back. Normally the total number (at max) of individual images used in a deck of cards is 57 (52 card faces, two diff jokers, two ad cards, and the back) if you made a different back for each card that causes the price to go significantly up. This would mean that regardless or not if T11 had a design, it would still cost them a lot to make up the cards. This is why marked decks cost more than say a stripper deck would

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results