Cyclone is injurious to my health!

Aug 15, 2017
Well, I have been doing Cyclone by Chris Ramsay for months now.
But for some reason I have two problems that just don't seem to leave me:-
1) The card does not move in a neat arc to my right (I do it with my left hand).
2) The card does not move in a horizontal plane. Sometimes, it becomes vertical, like a few of those thumb propulsion moves out there.

Also, the problem which inspired the title...well, I use "100% pure plastic playing cards" (as is written on the tuck case)...why?
I dunno.
So, when I do the actual shooting out thing...the edge of the card injures the skin under my middle finger nail. Not SO SEVERELY that it starts bleeding, but if the skin is dry then, sometimes it really hurts.
Am I applying too much pressure even when I shouldn't? Or is it part and parcel of the move?

But the sad thing is, I can't change the deck.

However, tell me to change my finger movements or placements, I am game.

So, help on the three mentioned problems please? Maybe all of them are connected?

I love how the move looks and inspite of all the problems, when I do nail it, it looks srsly cool. So I'd love to solve my problems so as to look cool every single time.

Help?

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Have you tried contacting Chris Ramsay? Seems to me, he would be the best person to ask.

Aug 15, 2017
Have you tried contacting Chris Ramsay? Seems to me, he would be the best person to ask.
I'd love to contact him...but that's kinda difficult, seeing I don't have an insta acc and my comment will prolly drown under thousands of other comments on his channel.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
I don't see why not. But it should only be once in a while. As professionals can get very busy.

You put in your email address in the field that requests it.

You're welcome.

Jun 21, 2017
I've used plastic cards for a long time too and they do sort of cut skin with the sharp edges.
Try using paper cards if possible.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results