D Notes By Howard Hamburg

Sep 3, 2008
ny
Howard Hamburg was the highlight of the 2009 GGG convention in San Francisco. These notes were printed in a very limited edition for that convention and immediately sold out. They have been positively reviewed and highly sought after. His stories and rich history with Dai Vernon and others have been recorded in this beautiful full-color booklet. Also included are 5 of Howard's favorite effects complete with illustrations.-Dananddave.com

This is a review for The "D notes" by Howard Hamburg. Easily one of my best purchases in a long time. The booklet which is 36 pages long is divided into two parts. The first is stories about Howard and Vernon that are great and to my knowledge not before published. It also includes some pictures of Dai Vernon,Howard Hamburg,Larry Jennings etc...

There are 6 tricks in this booklet below is a description of them along with my feeling and interpretations of them.

-Hidden prediction,
In this trick after dealing down cards and shuffling and more dealing all done by the spectator they select a pile of 5 cards. When the value of the cards is added it matches the amount of change placed on the table before the trick started.
Easily my favorite trick in the booklet, it hits hard and make a great opener.The use of the change as a prediction is just one example of the great ideas in the D notes. This one is a worker for me.

-Perfect Poker Deal,
a great poker trick done after the spectator shuffles the cards. Directly after a straight is produced, under the assumption of the use of a center deal.
I am not a fan of gambling demostrations but if you are you will like this.

-Taste of Curry,
Two packets of ace - 10 are offered one is mixed the other is isolated with a rubber band. In the end both packets match.
a little confusing to learn but well worth it. A great effect but my third favorite in the notes.A great follow up to Hidden prediction.

-Clipped,
One of the best ambitious card routines i have learned, scratch that easily the best. A simple routine that uses a paper clip to identify when the spectators card comes to the top. You have your own card the spectators theirs. your card "jumps" to the top then theirs.For the ending your card switches with a spectators paper clipped card, in their hand
A great trick the only ambitious card routine i use now. Howard uses the paper clip to aid the effect and in no way seems like the paper clip was added on. This routine was made for a paper clip. Second best effect in the notes,i will use this trick the most.-This is the first trick that needs slight of hand.

-Aces Galore,
A card is selected.An ace is first produced then all for with the selected card found between two.
a great trick that makes the selection more important then getting those aces on to he table for your next trick.Not filler at all but a great way to get into a ace trick.Also needs slight of hand.

In conclusion a great buy for the stories and the tricks as well. This has my top two tricks of the year in it. Nothing in it is at all challenging except a lot of memorization but only Aces Galore and Clipped are the only ones that need any slight of hand. Howard goes over in detail the way he performs these effects but the low skill level of these effects let you work on your performance aspect more. Overall a great book with great ideas and hope to see more from him.At $25 it is a steal. Available at Dananddave.com

Any Questions?
-Steven

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results