Dan & Dave Change Magic - Playing Cards

Sep 12, 2007
Dan&Dave Change the world of MAGIC!
After today I'm sure this will be old news, however I have been given exclusive permission By Daniel & David Buck to share one of the most significant breakthroughs in magic since the "TT" I am truly honored to have been a part of this project and to have been the first choice in releasing this information to the mass public.

Well what is it?
April 1st 2010 Dan & Dave will be releasing a new deck of cards..... So What, you might say. Well that Is why I have been allowed to describe the last deck of cards you will ever own. I have tried to find a way in describing the new release in just a few sentences and have found that task to be impossible. I will also add that calling this release "just a new deck" would be like calling Picasso "just an artist" or Sean White "just a snowboarder"

Every story has to start with a beginning and the beginning of this story begun hundreds of years before any of us had ever walked the earth. The foundation of each playing card is a multilayer blend of paper from China's Guizhou Province and a private stock of US "currency" from the the late 1700's. Although it seems unbelievable this will not be the first time the blend has been used. After years of research (although the author has never been named) Richard Hatch "partner of H&R magic books" has discovered this is the exact paper used in decks specially made for S.W Erdnase. The playing cards were never sold and at the time there had only been half a dozen decks ever made. In 1989 at a Mississippi auction of the late Houdini's "Biloxi Tour" seven single playing cards were found, until this moment the cards were never thought to have existed. With in hours of the discovery a phone call was made and the seven remaining cards were sold to a buyer in California for an undisclosed amount of money. The purchasers name was never mentioned, however a cashiers check #808179 was received with the initials "DV" scribbled on the reverse side......... Flash forward to 2001 and a very sad day for the Chandler family of Bristol England, after the passing of Preston Charles Chandler IV (an engineer by trade) and no real direct link to the magic world other than living a supporting vivacious 98yr old life, a name that none of you may never had heard of. A note was found in Preston's personal effects, it bore the mark of the Magic Circle and the text was written in German. One common sheet of white paper was neatly folded and in english it bared only one sentence "The Buck Twins" Being than none of Preston's family spoke German and none knew of any "Buck Twins" this instantly peaked the interest of Preston's grandchildren, thanks to the internet it was not hard to find out who the twins were but what was the connection? The letter would have to be interpreted. Several weeks later an english copy was delivered, it described a tale of Preston's great aunt (a magician's assistant) her travels, her life and her relations with one S.W Erdnase. Her story is another chapter on its own but she did pass on a dying wish that was given to her, that she gave to her nephew and now he was giving to his family. A hidden amount of multilayer blended paper, fully pressed and cleaned had been waiting for the right time in history to play its role. Apparently through years of research Preston chose "for his own reasons" Dan & Dave" to fulfill this important task and several phone calls, emails and meetings later in the winter of 2002 the Stock was hand delivered to the Buck's by the grandchildren and oldest living member of the Chandler family "Note and All" Although Dan & Dave were humbled and honored by this task, they also knew the true destiny of these playing cards would not be reveled for years to come. Dan was quoted saying "it just didn't feel right, we knew we had History but we wanted to impact the world" Dave finished by saying "Look it might sound conceded but it's like we were given plans to Vatican, sure it's pretty but I knew we could make it better" And so they waited and in the early spring of 2009 a dream mixed with technology sparked reality.......

A meeting with Ukrainian scientist Andrzej Wawrzyk provided the technological aspect to bring this project full circle. Andrzej's work with R.F.I.D development and placement in insects and micro organisms is exactly what Dan was looking for. Dave (although) skeptical had no idea he would be eating his words only 6 hours after landing in the Ukraine. Dr Andrzej was well above qualified and willing to take part in such an exciting project...............

And so begins the description.
The blend of the paper (treated with a special formula) allows the cards to keep their form and integrity for a lifetime....... What does that mean? Well simply put you will NEVER wear the cards out. They will not fade, tarnish, peel or stick. The coating is meant to be used everyday and will shuffle, farrow, fan and spring like the first time the cards were ever used............ Because of the stock and finish they are 100% water proof, just allow 4 to 5 hours of drying on a flat surface and they are back to original feel and form. And this just begins to describe the paper!

Dr Andrzej's staff has developed a new software that will be delivered on a thumb drive with every deck purchase. A single micro R.F.I.D chip (that is completely invisible) have been placed in every playing card. If you do not have your own imagination to think of how many unbelievable effects are possible, A brand new 168 page book co-written by Michael Weber, Jaun Tamariz, Eric Mead and Simon Aronson will be personally autographed and sent with every purchase as well.

As far as the design and printing of the playing cards, again it leaps in areas never heard of before. While Mark Stutzman has been given exclusive rights to the Face design, A very different Marc Ecko will have exclusives (after much debate) on the back design. Expect no less than two hidden marking systems, a one way layout and best of all a luminous shade system that can be viewed through filters or contact lenses (your choice upon order) All the "Face" or "Court" cards have been printed with a thermo-sensitive based ink, allowing for some of the most unbelievable color changes you have ever seen......

Many will ask about price and while neither Dan or Dave want to keep others from owning a part of history. However lets be realistic it will not be cheap. Rumors around the table are somewhere around $175-$250 per deck and a pre-order limit of two per house hold will be strictly regulated. These playing cards will NEVER be printed again!
And trust me this is only the information being released as of yet....... Just wait for the surprises!

Today we sit and soak this in, tomorrow we applaud Daniel and David Buck for changing the face of magic forever......

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
This really is a bit ridiculous. Magic comes from the presentation, not from a deck of cards. Why do you need to spend $250 on a deck of cards with thermo-sensitive ink when you could just use a double lift. Anyway, that would be really annoying, surely. Suppose the deck was in your pocket, and you sat next to a radiator before performance? None of your cards would be the card they should be!

These decks (if they are actually real at all) sound like they would completely revolutionize your magic, but still, eventually, you're still just performing card tricks. You shouldn't limit yourself to relying on your 'magic' deck of cards to perform.

Aug 20, 2008
Comments on this thread again proved that T11 members don't have any humor sence.

-Motas

Dec 18, 2009
Do they actually plan to have people buy these? I could buy like 10 bricks of bikes for less than those.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Haha - Alex, the funniest part about your post is that when I Googled "Andrzej Wawrzyk" - the "Ukranian Scientist" - I found out he's actually a famous Polish boxer. Which leads me to wonder how the heck you came up with that entire post without a year of historical research. I am speechless. I am in awe.

On a serious note, the S&M v4 have been in production (printing) for nearly 5 months now at USPCC. At that length of time, one would expect for them to seriously have RFID chips within each card. Sadly they don't - the reality is that USPCC has simply been unable to print them to our proper specifications and standards, and we haven't allowed any corners to be cut in the interest of time. The good news is that they're (finally) almost done, and they're coming soon.

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah, its likely that Dan and Dave buck sat down and constructed this gigantic essay depicting playing cards. They'd probably make a teaser knowing them.

But besides that, come on- april 1st?

-Sin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results