DAN HAUSS :: REFILLED review

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI

DANS BASEMENT:: DIY MAGIC :: REFILLED ($9.95)
http://www.papercranemagic.com/dansbasement.htm

THE HYPE:: This is the perfect effect to do while you are at your favorite coffee shop. The spectators signed card appears in an empty coffee cup with the shake of your hand.
~ Two methods are taught, gimmicked and impromptu
~ Construction and performance are very easy
~ Freely chosen card is signed and ends up inside the coffee cup.

THE METHOD/TEACHING:: First Dan shows what the effect looks like in performance and then explains how the effect is accomplished. Starting off he explains what is needed to create the gimmicked version first and how to put it all together. It took me roughly 15 or 20 minutes to assemble my first gimmick, but trust me its worth it, the gimmick in itself is an ingenious piece of deception. The cup can be freely shown empty and handled pretty fairly, and with this method your hands are completly exameable. Note with this method, the card cannot be signed, but Dan does explain methods of overcoming that obstacle.
Lastly Dan explains the impromptu version, this is the version that can use a signed selection. He goes into how to setup the cup and to handle it, also liquid can be held inside the cup to further baffle the most keened eyed spectator. The impromtu version takes but 10 or 15 seconds to construct and a trip to the bathroom. Yet again the cup can be shown empty. There is sleight involved, but with practice its a breeze.
METHOD (4 OUT OF 5) gimmicked
(4 OUT OF 5) ungimmicked
TEACHING (5 OUT OF 5)

THE LOWDOWN:: Well I thoroughly enjoyed this effect and always love Dan's creative style, this is great effect to perform at a coffee house like Starbucks, or anywhere they sell coffee. I prefer the gimmicked version as to the impromptu version for the fact you are alot cleaner before and after, but still due to both methods the cups cant really be examible. Do not let that deter you from this effect, I have performed both methods, and together the reactions are priceless. I dont know if I will add this to my repetoir, but it might suit some of your tastes. With all that said Refilled stands in at a solid ( 4 out of 5 )

Sep 20, 2008
hey there, i am thoroughly interested in 'Refilled', However i am quite skeptical about the gimmick.

You say it is examinable, correct? How suspicious is it? and please be honest.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
hey there, i am thoroughly interested in 'Refilled', However i am quite skeptical about the gimmick.

You say it is examinable, correct? How suspicious is it? and please be honest.

Well if your performing the gimmicked version of Refilled your hands are examiable and you can freely show the cup empty. For the cup itself, I dont recommend that it would be examined because they will find the gimmick. Also in my opinion the cup isn't that suspicious, after tweaking an playing with the gimmick itself, it should look like the a coffee cup an you should not bring any attention to it. Let me know if there are any more quesions, and thanks for reading my review :D

Sep 20, 2008
Dan looks a tad bit retarded.

Anyways, i found your review very helpful. Laid down some key points, though it could be a bit more indepth. Otherwise i think you covered a lot of crucial points that can greatly influence people to buy or ignore the effect.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Thanks sinful, I appreciate you feedback and be lookin out for some tweaks in future reviews that I post. I am glad you enjoyed it and once again,thanks to everyone for there feedback. ::Mike::

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results