Dancing Cane

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
Hello! Thank you for coming on this thread and reading the thread. Greatly appreciate it and would thank you so much more if you could be of any assistance! But thanks for giving me your time.

What dvd or book is good to learn how to dance a cane? And what is the best dancing cane out on the market?

I'm thinking of Dancing Cane 101 by David Mann and a aluminum dancing cane.

Anthony Nguyen

Hey there Anthony-

I have the Precision Magic Dancing Cane which is the one David Mann utilizes in his DVD Dancing Cane 101, and I love it. I HIGHLY recommend that cane. Another great cane is Jeff McBride's Vortex dancing cane. This one is great because it lights up inside, and can be used in the dark. The only downside is the price.

Definitely take a look at either Jeff McBride's cane and DVD, and take a look at David Mann's. Good choices.

-Bill

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Learning the Dancing Cane like a pro is hard. Really hard.
Its not something which is like "Now you know. Now you can"
its more of a "Now you know. Now you practice. Now you practice some more. Damn doesnt look right. Now you practice some more. Now it looks only okay. Damn. Need more practice"

Like alot of classic magic tricks. it requires miming as well as control. Like a zombie ball. If you dont give the cane a life, it just looks like a stupid stick swinging around.

For sources. I would recommend David Mann's 101 DVD. It should teach you everything you need. Once you have the basics, it is just watching others and seeing how you can present as well as them. Its not a "the more you know the better" You need to know and learn.

Other sources include Jeff Mcbride. He teaches it in his 3 DVD set. I forgot the name. But i think it is the third disc called Classics of magic or something. You could also pick up his double dancing cane. It is a different method from the single stick.

As for the cane itself, I only used David Mann's and I have no complaints. You could basically pick up any. Although some may be different. They should all do they job. You can actually make your own if you want but its just damn hard to make it perfect. You could also pick up a vortex cane. It has bright lights and whatever. But i think those are quite expensive. I would pick up the cheapest one possible, possibly around $15. I would perfect everything with that cane then move onto the good stuff. Although some may say the handling and feel of the canes are different, you wouldnt really want to accidentally bash a $30 dollar cane at a wall or trip on it or something. So only work with the best when you are fit to work with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results