Dec 29, 2017
Price: £22 / Free for Sleight Club members
Length: 3 hours 45 minutes with 16 segments

If you've poked around any products, notes or the magic stream that involve bottom dealing with Madison, then you know what to expect on a base level. The grip and the dealing. He's covered it a few times. However, The Bottom Deal genuinely covers any nuance really possible with his dealing method.

It's direction does feel a bit odd as he tries to make it clear this isn't for demonstrators but cheating... or magic... or maybe demonstrators. It feels like his personality and branding sort of clashing with the fact anyone can use this information for whatever despite trying to go with the How To Cheat At Cards target demographic. In typical fashion of Daniel Madison, it does get a little bit rambling.

There is a decent load of information to be picked up here though. The theory, the prefacing, the small tweaks that he goes on to explain make it well worth the time not even mentioning the demos he provides that you can practice with. I felt like I had a better grasp of his methodology and reasoning after watching the videos. One thing that I particularly liked was that in goes in depth on fair dealing. For obvious reasons, if your bottom and fair dealing look completely different... even laymen are going to notice.

All in all, whilst his bottom deal is arguably polarized in the communities in which it would be used. Some love it, some hate it... if you would like to learn more about it, the thought process, the "why", and learn a fairly decent bottom deal*** then I would have to recommend this product.

***Bottom dealing obviously requires hours upon hours of practice. Not everyone's grips are going to work for you. You might find yourself dealing right-handed with a half erdnase/half madison grip. Consider it a piece you can mold to fit your tool kit. That is why I appreciate the theory of this product's content so much as it is applicable to any bottom deal.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Dec 29, 2017
Question:
Do you think that it's better than Jason England's Bottom Deal Lesson? I would think no, but I don't have Madison's version, so I should be impartial in asking.

And does he teach any physical material besides the actual deal and fair deal?

Madison's The Bottom Deal isn't better or worse than Jason England's Bottom Deal Lesson. I say that as they both have two very different approaches. I would say that you definitely learn as much regarding subtleties, nuances (finger and hand exercises, angles, playing cards of preference, so on and so forth) and content, if not more in terms of routines from what I can recall with England's lessons. However there is that odd mishmash of gambler cheat, but not a magician, but here are some magic routines vibe reverberating throughout the lesson. While Jason's dealing is deceptive and incredibly clean, Daniel's is deceptive and encouraging for you to be a "dirty bastard". I'd go more into that, but that is content in the lesson. We've all seen some iffy bottom dealing from him on other videos, however the dealing featured in TBD was very, very, neat. It barely had any swing and is taught as such. Unlike some E products in the past where his dealing was criticized heavily.

Besides the his bottom and fair deal techniques you also learn 6 various demonstrations that string together everything you learned. There is also a PDF file for the Rock Bottom book included.

So I can't say one is better than the other, as I feel they're both great learning resources. I do feel however that this project goes into way more detail than his previous video lessons that taught the bottom deal and is worth the money. If you're wanting to learn more about bottom dealing, it is definitely a great addition to your collection.

I hope that answered your question. It's a bit difficult comparing the two, which makes me think that it is in the same realm of quality (at least in my own opinion).

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results