Daniel Madison's Irreversible

Dec 13, 2007
EFFECT:A deck of cards is handed to a spectator - the performer never touches the cards again // The deck is thoroughly examined and shuffled
The performer writes down a prediction and shows it to everyone other than the participating spectator // The performer does not touch the prediction again
The spectator holds the deck behind his/her back so that nobody can see it
The spectator takes a card out and places it back into the deck upside-down (all still behind their back)
The spectator brings the cards back into view and searches through for the reversed card
The card is turned over and revealed to be the very card predicted by the performer

DIFFICULTY: On a scale of 1-10 (one being the lowest) I would give this a 2.5...this is almost self working. Presentation is the only thing for you need to do this trick. No sleights are used, except for like one extremely easy thing that i don't really classify a sleight.

Reactions: I have performed this three times and its gotten amazing reactions. My father saw me do it two times and was stumped both times. I'd give the reactions an 8.5 out of 10... but its all showmanship, so if you present it wrong, then you won't get great reactions

Pros: Easy, Good reactions, Can be done with any card, Completely fair (you only touch the cards once and the prediction is never tampered with), Examinable

Cons : Trick deck needed but you can make your own, a little setup is required each time you perform (no instant repeat)

Overall: I think this is an amazing trick, but I don't think its worth $20... its basically has the same effect as a classic force, sort of, however its much more fair because everything is in the spectators hands. Overall I'll give this an 8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
i'd hardly say it's the same thing as the classic force. the idea is great, it's hands off, the spectators do all the work. most magicians will have the needed material even if it's in the back of their drawer.

its an awesome trick.

i found it well worth the price, but im english and our prices are obviosuly different.

its not a "force" to agree, but it is in some way one, but they dont no about it obviously.

it all happens in there hands, you take the cards out the box, a quick swivel cut perhaps, hand it over immeidatly, to them you have done nothing, in realtivaly all you have done is swivel cutted the pack...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results