David Blaine: Dive of Death - Trick

B

Ben_Ionesco

Hey all,

I was bored today so i decided to watch "David Blaines dive of death" as i love his work. Anyway i saw a trick on there which i must have missed or something the first time as it kicked ass. He did it to a girl and Orlando Bloom about a 1/4 of the way in ish.

What it was is he showed the spectator the whole deck and then placed it on the table. He then asked her to name any card that she saw and she said 2 of hearts. She then cut the deck and completed it. Blaine then had the girl flip over half of the deck where she thought it was. The chosen named card was on the top of the flipped half !!!

It looked amazing and his patter was great. Does anyone know how this is done, or the name of it so i can find out how to do it, has it been released. I think it would be a great addition to any cardist/magicians repetuire ( i swear i spelt that wrong lol )

Anyways please let me know if you can help

Cheers

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Nope, The trick is a small variation of Pits routine, found in Pit Hartling's Card Fictions (book).

Whilst in the original it was the magician whom flipped the cards, Blaine made it more personal by allowing the spectator to flip over the deck. It is a three phased routine, but you cn easily adapt it so it looks like the one Blaine did. Buy the book, you won't be dissapointed and it has very easy, very magical effects and new concepts in it.

However, you will have to come by your own psychological force in order to perform it like David, becuase the book does not mention psychological forces.

Hope it helped,
Gustav

Nov 17, 2007
also there is alot of prework cut out from the show, for example you can do stigmata and cut out the first part of the trick in the show to make it look like you just ask to think and make it appear on your arm. so what i'm saying is tv show cut out most of preworks out of the shoot.

Nov 10, 2007
Nope, The trick is a small variation of Pits routine, found in Pit Hartling's Card Fictions (book).

Whilst in the original it was the magician whom flipped the cards, Blaine made it more personal by allowing the spectator to flip over the deck. It is a three phased routine, but you cn easily adapt it so it looks like the one Blaine did. Buy the book, you won't be dissapointed and it has very easy, very magical effects and new concepts in it.

However, you will have to come by your own psychological force in order to perform it like David, becuase the book does not mention psychological forces.

Hope it helped,
Gustav

true dat [ word count ]

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
It's not a psychological force. Works with any named card. ;)

Really?

Are you talking about the version in the book, or David Blaines'?

Because if my memory serves me correctly, Pit had a card chosen, David had one simply glanced at from a spread. The girl only revealed the thought of card after David had handed her the deck - so it could only be...

:confused:

Gustav

B

Ben_Ionesco

Really?

Are you talking about the version in the book, or David Blaines'?

Because if my memory serves me correctly, Pit had a card chosen, David had one simply glanced at from a spread. The girl only revealed the thought of card after David had handed her the deck - so it could only be...

:confused:

Gustav
Thats what im saying, he had it glanced from a spread and she only revealed to him the card after she had been given the deck and she then flipped it ... the more i think about it the more i am baffled, its just "magic" lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results