David Blaine Double Lift

Nov 22, 2007
I've re-watched the Street Magic Series where David Blaine does his double-lifts. I have to say he has one of the smoothest and virtually undetectable double-lifts I've seen in front of a live audience. Which double-lift is he using?

Oct 21, 2007
Boulder, CO, USA
In every clip that I have seen Blaine in he has used what is known as the push off double lift. I learned this double lift of of ellusionist's 2nd Crash Course in Card Magic(Ambitious Card) DVD. I'm sure there are plenty of of other places where youcan learn it from but that's where I learned to do it.

Nov 8, 2007
My favorite move to perform. I learned it from CC2 as well. One of the best DLs out there--very deceptive.

Feb 7, 2008
Just one caveat,
Its better to perform this using a fairly new-brand new deck. I would not recommend doing it with a broken down deck. As you learn this move you'll know when the deck has reach its limit.

To get a good credit, if its a push off, then its Steve Draun's ( if that name rings a bell, you may know him from his midnight shift ) Push Off technique.

Derek Dingle's DL got no actual push off.

The revolve at the base of the thumb as the cards are turned face up stud fashion, is Martin Nash's idea dubbed as Knock out DL ( so I was told .. ) The card can be snapped over or held stationary.

Cheers,

The revolve at the base of the thumb as the cards are turned face up stud fashion, is Martin Nash's idea dubbed as Knock out DL ( so I was told .. ) The card can be snapped over or held stationary.

I remember Nash crediting himself with the Knockout Double and demonstrating it on his Very Best tapes, just to back you up there.

Pj

PS. For some of the smoothest and most natural, not to mention difficult, double lift techniques, look no further than Dai Vernon. The touch required will have you practicing doubles and only doubles for months.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results