David Blaine Explains Split Spades

Jan 10, 2009
new jersey
Check out db's website and he explains why only the blue split spades are in that particular order. Check it out you'll be in for a treat. Enjoy...... BLAINE!!!!

Jun 11, 2008
wow, that's prety cool. I heard about the deck coming in some sort of stack, but no one seemed to know what it was for. Pretty cool effect.
(I love the split spades, pretty much indestructable cards. My friend had a deck that has been mistreated, droped a bunch of times, and even steped on a thousand times, and they still fan, and handle like brand new. It's a miricle!)

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
This is the Tamariz Memorized Stack. You can find the routine explained by David (along with a legion of other miracles) in Juan's book devoted to the stack titled "Mnemonica".

For those with the desire and the discipline, you will be greatly rewarded by this master's work. Juan is one of the most brilliant card magicians ever to walk this blue planet.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
What's the point of moving the ace? Why isn't it there to begin with?

-Maybe because there are different ways to rearrange the cards for a different stack for different ways to accomplish an effect, I suppose...but I wouldn't or don't know really.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
As I posted above, acquire Juan Tamariz's book "Mnemonica" and you'll discover exactly why the ace is there.

If you have any knowledge of memorized stacks, then you'll understand that there are (again, as I mentioned above) myriad effects built into stacks of this kind. This is merely one of the simplest, as it is one of the effects that doesn't require any of the memorization.

Juan Tamariz's and Simon Aronson's stacks are arguably the most popular. I also highly recommend Aronson's "A Stack to Remember", should you care to compare the two and determine which best meets your wants and needs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results