David Blaine Matchbook Trick

Aug 18, 2008
Don't worry this inst going to be an explanation, just a discussion

I thought this was an absolutely brilliant trick, my favorite that I saw on his special. I would like to put aside all the junk about the dive and just discuss his amazing magic.

The matchbook trick has given me inspiration for many new kinds of two card transpositions. What did everyone else think?

Feb 26, 2008
Utah
Loved it

I fell in love with it. I can't, for the life of me, wrap my head around how he got it signed and folded, but I wasn't paying full attention to it so I may have missed a lot of the routine.

His collapsing deck was amazing too. I picked up my pack of cards while that was on and started working on a method for it through the rest of the show.

Aug 18, 2008
gaffs

I wonder if anyone will release the gaffs needed for the matchbook trick
i would be very interested

Sold Here: http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=7029

PRE-ORDER ONLY: THIS ITEM WILL SHIP IN OCTOBER. YOU WILL NOT BE BILLED UNTIL SHIPPED!

Lit
by Dan White and Dan Hauss

As seen in David Blaine's "Dive of Death" TV Special.

Matchbook Transformation

From the mind of Dan White and Dan Hauss comes an effect featured on the September 24th international David Blaine television special. The reactions with Lit are explosive.

A spectator is asked to take a match out of a matchbook, and ignite a match to verify its validity. The matchbook is then held tightly in their closed fist.

A card is selected in the deck - then visually vanished under impossible conditions. The spectator slowly opens their hand to find the matchbook has visually transformed into a twisted hybrid of playing card and match pack.

* Easy to do.
* Perfect for all close up situations.
* As seen on national TV and used regularly by David Blaine

Includes Bonus routines (Dan White's Floating Match on Hand and Andrew Gerard's Self Lighting Match Pack)

Sep 1, 2007
I'm kinda mad they are releasing it. Its such a great trick, I think they should hold onto it.

Aug 31, 2007
I hope people don't buy it thinking it's a self working trick. It's not :p

I kinda wonder where to get the matching matchbooks, though.

Edit: haha nevermind about the matchbooks. Man, this was some creative thinking on their part. Amazing.

And I'm glad they released it. Dan White and Dan Hauss deserve credit for something like this.

May 31, 2008
dan white, can it be signed

can the card that becomes the matchbook be signed? Obviously david blaine did it signed, but the under the description, it was not mentioned whether or not the card could be signed, which I think could immensely enhance the effect. I believe dan white is one of the artists here on theory11. Dan if you could answer that I would greatly appreciate it.

can the card that becomes the matchbook be signed? Obviously david blaine did it signed, but the under the description, it was not mentioned whether or not the card could be signed, which I think could immensely enhance the effect. I believe dan white is one of the artists here on theory11. Dan if you could answer that I would greatly appreciate it.

im pretty sure you should be able to have it signed. I dont see why not.

May 31, 2008
just a pessemist

i'm just a pessemist, and have noticed that magicians are suckers for things being signed. I would have expected the card being signed to be a major selling point and listed as one of the features of the trick.

May 6, 2008
Could be signed

With some slight thought this coud be done, just as DB did it for very little money. However It is amazing. I think Sankey or Sanders on the Sankey/Sanders sessions does one where the card is stapled in the matchbook. It is actually 3 phases. However not signed (which is a selling point for magicians far more than lay people. You could use the KM move to haveit signed

Aug 18, 2008
well after watching the trick i am 99% sure how it is done, and the card can be signed. if not, it wouldnt be hard to make it so you can. go watch him perform the trick again and you should have a good idea of what i am talking about. make sure to watch the final performance during the special

Dec 26, 2007
Paper crane productions edited this dvd and filmed a few of the Dan Hauss performances. This effect is Killer I have been performing this for about a week and when they open that matchbook and see their card they experience one of the most unforgetable magical moments they will experience. When Dan Hauss did it for me and he said check the match book I did not want to open that matchbook because I knew how badly I had been fooled. I see a lot of magic and I am rarely folled but this got me. The gimmick is so well crafted and thought out that you do not suspect a thing.

We are pre selling this effect at www.papercraneproductions.net

Sep 4, 2007
The collapsing deck by the way was made by Doug Mckenzie and a friend of mine Cheng Lin. Its a beautiful piece of magic with thousands of possiblities.

Sep 3, 2007
Paper crane productions edited this dvd and filmed a few of the Dan Hauss performances. This effect is Killer I have been performing this for about a week and when they open that matchbook and see their card they experience one of the most unforgetable magical moments they will experience. When Dan Hauss did it for me and he said check the match book I did not want to open that matchbook because I knew how badly I had been fooled. I see a lot of magic and I am rarely folled but this got me. The gimmick is so well crafted and thought out that you do not suspect a thing.

We are pre selling this effect at www.papercraneproductions.net

Can someone explain the effect for anyone who might not of seen it? What does it look like? I must have missed it.

Aug 18, 2008
Can someone explain the effect for anyone who might not of seen it? What does it look like? I must have missed it.

Ill do my best.
A spectator is asked to select and and sign it. It is placed in their hand and the spectator is asked to light a match from a matchbook under their card. With a wave of the match, the spectator turns over the card and it has changed. Wondering where their card is, the magician asks the spectator to light another match, they do this and discover it is on one side of the folded match book.

May 31, 2008
thought of card

david blaine had them choose a card and sign it. Then he gave them the signed card and had them light a match under it. it changed into a THOUGHT OF CARD, that someone merely named. That is by far the most powerful effect already. Then, their initially signed card became the matchbook

Based on the description, Lit does not include the first phase, that is something blaine/his consultants have added to the effect. Does anyone have any idea if there is a method to having a card change into a thought of card, that is the first phase blaine performed?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results