David Blaine, Think Of A Card.

Sep 9, 2010
Hey all, I recently saw a David Blaine special, and he riffled through the deck and had someone select one in there head, he then "read their mind" and revealed what card they selected.
where can I learn this? I am VERY interested.

Thanks
=-=-=-=-=
Casen

Apr 1, 2009
California
"Methods For Determining a Card Thought Of". I also enjoy Garcia's Ego Force. Gives me a little thrill when successful.

Dec 20, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Sup Casen. This is one of the tricks that you can find in tutorial videos on youtube. I know two different variations to this trick. One requires a gimmick, the other one you can use a regular deck of cards, not rigged, can be shuffled. So you can check it out and find it on youtube.

Actually waht David did was simple. What you should do is learn as many forces as possible. I think there is a DVD or a VHS called "40 ways to force a card". Thats all you will need. Sleight of hand is the next thing that David used. So I would suggest getting a Brad Christian DVD from illusionist. He really teaches some basic sleight of hand work. By terms of your question, It seems as if you are beginner. I would recommend anything Dan and Dave for you. Brad Christian or Jay Sankey would be the way to go when it deals with simplistic sleight of hand.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The one Blaine used has been a classic since Erdanse, used by many people over the years.

Erdanse is easily the best place to look for it as it is free nowdays.

Banachek has a few interesting ideas in PS1 along with a lot of other
think of a card effects.

Personally I would look into a riffle glimpse more than this as the method is far easier (less chance of failing) and looks almost exactly the same to the audience.

I do not like having people think of a card this way. The only time I do it is for a random thought.

Sep 9, 2010
The one Blaine used has been a classic since Erdanse, used by many people over the years.

Erdanse is easily the best place to look for it as it is free nowdays.

Banachek has a few interesting ideas in PS1 along with a lot of other
think of a card effects.

Personally I would look into a riffle glimpse more than this as the method is far easier (less chance of failing) and looks almost exactly the same to the audience.

I do not like having people think of a card this way. The only time I do it is for a random thought.

Okay, thanks! I think it must take practice, lemme check Royal Road for the riffle glimpse, is it in there?

Sep 9, 2010
Actually waht David did was simple. What you should do is learn as many forces as possible. I think there is a DVD or a VHS called "40 ways to force a card". Thats all you will need. Sleight of hand is the next thing that David used. So I would suggest getting a Brad Christian DVD from illusionist. He really teaches some basic sleight of hand work. By terms of your question, It seems as if you are beginner. I would recommend anything Dan and Dave for you. Brad Christian or Jay Sankey would be the way to go when it deals with simplistic sleight of hand.

i know how to transform it, I just didn't know how to figure out how to know what card they thought of.;) I am ALWAYS learning, I try to work on at least one sleight every day.

Nov 8, 2007
Check out Peter Cassford's DVD Miracles With a Short Card.

He teaches the Visual Riffle Force as well as some really cool routines you can use with it. The best is having a spectator select a card and return it and then having another spectator read the other's mind. Very strong for both. I use that one all the time. Great stuff.

Sep 9, 2010
Check out Peter Cassford's DVD Miracles With a Short Card.

He teaches the Visual Riffle Force as well as some really cool routines you can use with it. The best is having a spectator select a card and return it and then having another spectator read the other's mind. Very strong for both. I use that one all the time. Great stuff.

Thanks! I've already tried using it once or twice, but my mom said it's too obvious. am i stopping too long?

Cedric: thanks, I'll look into that as well.

Randy: already using it, lol! Works good enough as a guarenteed substitute to the short card force.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results