David Fulde :: Impromptorn

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
Before you read this I would like to mention that this is one of the only Torn and Restored tricks I know. The only other one that I know is TnR form here.
I did not buy this effect, but I own it. No I do not illegally download tricks, but I won it from David Fulde in a Twitter contest.

Trick: Impromptorn

Creater: David Fulde

Seller: http://www.Mindlapse.net/

Price: About $12

Ok so if any one here has ever been on a video chat with David “Dizzi” Fulde you will be asked this

3412129900_e212723c65.jpg

Haha jk. But really he has shown me this trick so many times and I was very happy when he released it.

Effect: This is a piece by piece torn and restored card AND at the end you can make all the creases go away.

Set Up: There is not set up its impromtu. BUT the crease part is not.

Method: The method for the most part is simple. No sleights I didn’t know before. For the creases it made me say out loud “F*** you dizzi” when I first saw it. It works with all TnRs I think. Or you can with slightly different handling.

Difficulty: This isn’t a very easy trick. Its not like clipshift hard but it will take some practice. It is about a 5 or 6/10. The creases are about 2/10

Angles: The angles are OK. They are about 10 and 2. The creases part is all around.

Teaching: The teaching is good. A little hard to understand at some points but all around good.

Final Thoughts: The only problem I have with this is the first and last page of the Ebook. It is 2 pages that have MindLaspe’s logo for impromptorn. The problem is that the pages are fully black which means it is not that printer friendly. But all around this is a great effect and a just buy. a solid 8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it, but I also think it looks entirely too much like DG's Torn to warrant you selling it. Maybe I'm wrong and the method is completely different, in the case I apologize. But I know my fair share of torn and restored card effects to have a good idea of the method. The only semi-new thing you bring to the table is the creases, and that did look pretty good though.

Good luck regardless, just throwing my thoughts out there. :)
Steve

Aug 5, 2008
I saw it, but I also think it looks entirely too much like DG's Torn to warrant you selling it. Maybe I'm wrong and the method is completely different, in the case I apologize. But I know my fair share of torn and restored card effects to have a good idea of the method. The only semi-new thing you bring to the table is the creases, and that did look pretty good though.

Steve
I am familiar with both the method for Torn and Impromptorn. Both differ in the tearing and restoration of the card. The former requires a prior setup whilst the latter does not - to the point that it can even be performed with a borrowed deck.

The differences between both are most obvious in the second restoration, which for Impromptorn can be executed with as little cover as possible. The effect is sold on a respectable site, and I do believe that Dee and David would have made a thorough check to ensure that this is an original method.

Sep 2, 2007
this is based off of TORN and, in my opinion, it's an improvement. it's more than a different handling (A-la TORN/Ripped and restored). this is actually a different method from folding, to ripping, to restoring (The last piece is the most simalar, and the first piece can be exchanged with DG's)

Jan 28, 2009
What the above guy said. This is totally different. It's totally impromptu. I got this a while back and let it rip on a friend of mine with his deck of cards. (I did tell him I intended to destroy one) and it blew him away completely.

This is a really strong, original effect that works live, which is more than can be said for most torn and restored cards.

Buy it.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator

Steve

I appreciate your thoughts Steve, Impromptorn when done right can look very similar to Torn, though both have their ups and downs, as do most variations on the same theme.

I myself know a fair few TnRs and I made sure to send the manuscript and video to several knowledgeable friends and colleagues up to release.

The big sell with Impromptorn is that it can be done right their when you're put on the spot - It's a very effectively choreographed sequence of moves and subtleties that look great and are easy to do.

Also, The creases are very effective and have been noted so by many.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

D.

Ok guys...

Since I questioned the originality of the trick, and whether it was truly that different from Torn or not, David sent me a copy of Impromptorn. I didn't ask him to, but since he did I'll post my thoughts on it.

Yes, I think it is a fair bit different from Torn to warrant a separate release. That's partially due to the fact it's priced so fairly. If it were anything above $15 bucks, then I wouldn't agree. On top of that, it is completely impromptu. No need to pre-fold a card or anything, so that too is a plus.

Overall:

It is different from Torn. A few different phases and no set-up. Personally, I think his version looks a bit better, but if I had to pick a version to do at a show or something, then I'd pick Torn. I'm not saying either trick is better, just what's better for me. However, with some effort into Impromptorn, I think it could be a worker. I'm not going to lie though, I've already adapted David's set-up for my version of Torn. So yes, Impromptorn has been beneficial to me...there are some interesting ideas that with some creativity, could adapt to other TnR card routines.

Best.
Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results