David stone ghost

Nov 7, 2009
For those of you that perform David stones ghost. How do you move onto your next trick since the deck has 'vanished'. Do you just pull it out or do you say like its jumped to my pocket or do you use it as a closer?

Mar 1, 2010
Hong Kong
This is a good question. I will use it as a closer.

EDIT: I remember that in D+M's dangerous disc1, he performed aces and he did a deck vanish. But after his performance, he just took the deck out in front of his audiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know this effect, but I do a deck vanish to end my ACR. That is the end of my card work for that particular performance session. I'll either be done performing all together, or move onto something else with different materials.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
One of the reasons I like ghost is it has a built in excuse to switch to another deck when you're done. I've been just practicing ghost and voila rouge lately so I'd just do ghost with one deck and after the trick is done openly take out another deck already set up for voila rouge. After completion of voila rouge you're left with a completely normal deck so you can go into whatever else you'd like with that deck.

If you're set on performing this as a "middle" effect, you may try this idea.

When you begin the routine, take the cards out of the case and ribbon-spread the deck on the table to show they're legitimate. As they're inspecting the deck, you have all the misdirection (and off-beat timing) in the world to switch the empty card case for one with another full deck. You can lay the apparently empty card case on the table to one side and perform Ghost or any other routine using a deck vanish. After the impact of the vanish registers fully, you can show the deck's reappearance in full view on the table. It's a logical place for the cards to reappear from, because you initially took them out of the case to begin with.

Take full advantage of this switch. You can switch in a gaffed deck or a different colored deck, etc to close your show on a really impossible note. Everyone fully believes it's the same deck.

RS.

Jul 13, 2009
If you're set on performing this as a "middle" effect, you may try this idea.

When you begin the routine, take the cards out of the case and ribbon-spread the deck on the table to show they're legitimate. As they're inspecting the deck, you have all the misdirection (and off-beat timing) in the world to switch the empty card case for one with another full deck. You can lay the apparently empty card case on the table to one side and perform Ghost or any other routine using a deck vanish. After the impact of the vanish registers fully, you can show the deck's reappearance in full view on the table. It's a logical place for the cards to reappear from, because you initially took them out of the case to begin with.

Take full advantage of this switch. You can switch in a gaffed deck or a different colored deck, etc to close your show on a really impossible note. Everyone fully believes it's the same deck.

RS.

Ha! That kind of reminds me of Manuel Muerte's switch he does with the wine bottle. The trick is done before it is even a trick, got to love time misdirection aye?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results