David Stones Duncan

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
OK I really want to perform this mini miricale, but i want to do it in a street setting.
The effect it self is super simple, but one question, even if I was performing this at restaurants (like shown in the DVD) how do you store a fish?
I am not talking a bout when its time to perform in the gimmick,i know the fish can last up to 15 minutes in the gimmick, but I mean before you get ready to perform, how do you keep the little guy safe and happy, and more importantly, Alive?

For those who do not know this beautiful effect, it is a Goldfish Production On real secrets of Magic VOL. 2 Check it out.

Any ideas are welcome, thank you in advance

Feb 5, 2009
I perform this sometimes to, and I just keep the fish in the plastic bag I got at the store when I'm going somewhere. It's not the best solution, but it works. Also I use a guppy instead of a goldfish. Some of them have awesome colours :) AND they don't grow so big as a goldfish so you don't have to buy a new one just because it doesn't fit in the gimmick anymore :) And remember, use water from the actual aquarium in the glass or whatever you're using and not tapwater, the fish might die then. But you probably already knew that. For your question about a street setting. That might be hard. I mean to just set it up on the spot. You probably want to get ready to perform it and then find a spectator ASAP in that case, or you will produce a dead fish :p But, it's not really a street effect..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
In a street setting, what I'd do is this. Invest in a magic briefcase. Inside the briefcase, compartmentalise, and use one section to store a contained of water.

If you were performing this at a restaurant, you probably wouldn't perform it at every table, since obviously you can only carry so much on you, and you don't want to return inside at the end of every performance. But I'd just have a place set aside behind the restaurant where you have your things, and keep goldfish there. Every once in a while you can go back to restock if you have to and pick up a new one then. It's not the most easily repeatable trick by nature, obviously, so you'll just have to make do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results