David Williamson's- Williamsons Wonders Book Review

Nov 12, 2008
Ok, so I normally do not review any magic tricks or books but I decided to do some because I find it irritating when I can't a review for something I'm looking at buying.

A little bit about me so you understand why I give a trick/book a certain review. I have done magic for about 6 years and perform regularly at a restaurant so I can be called a semi-pro but that's all semantics.

So I am going to give you the table of contents of the book so that you can read the effects yourself and determine whether you would like to purchase the effect/book or not. I am mostly a book guy so it depends if you are willing to put in the time to read the effects when you can easily pick up the DVD teaching similar if not the same exact thing.

Here we go: There might be typos or things that are not easily understood so do not hesitate to PM me.

Foreword

Coins

The Wonderful Coin Vanish: A startling coin vanish where both sides of the performer’s hands are seen unquestionably empty before the coin in reproduced. The only requirement is that you must be standing while the audience is sitting.

Cross-Eyed Coins Across: A coins across without having to recount the coins over and over again.

Rebate: The performer displays an ordinary pen to the audience and explains, “You know there’s a twenty-five cent rebate when you buy one of these pens. Listen, you can hear it.” He shakes the pen and some rattling is heard, his hands seen otherwise empty. After pulling off the cap, the performer turns it over and dumps out two dimes and a nickel! These are dropped back into the pen cap, which is replaced on the pen. Again, the pen is shaken and a rattle heard inside by the audience-hands otherwise empty.

The Striking Vanish: A beautiful vanish of a coin using a pen. Can be used to make things vanish or change. You strike a coin with your pen and it instantly vanishes!

Copper, Silver and Purse: A copper silver transposition using the striking vanish and a coin purse. The coins transpose through the coin purse multiple times!

Wishing Well: A coin changes size and color multiple times as the magician wishes when it is dipped into his fist!

Money Talks: You start poking around your body with your wand and money can be heard! You then start to make the money appear from various places-even from the person’s arm!

When You’re Behind, You’re Ahead: Three coins are magically produced, vanished, then reproduced.

The Change Bag: The magician brings out a coin purse and, as he’s opening it, the bag falls off the frame. He dumps out three coins and places the bag, now empty, aside. He drops the coins into the purse frame and, one by one, they vanish! They fly to the logical spot- inside the bag! After the coins are dumped out, they are dropped into the purse frame all at once, and all vanish! When the bag is turned over, a jumbo coin slides out! Suddenly, the purse frame grows several inches in length! Of course it will no longer fit the bag. The magician takes the bag and magically enlarges it to fit the new frame. The jumbo coin is dropped inside and the reassembled purse, now bag size, is put away.

Coins and Cards

Floating Assembly: A coin matrix using cards that hover over the coins-without touching the coins-all the coins assemble under one card!

Cello-Feign: A dime repeatedly penetrates the cellophane wrapping on a deck of cards!

Don’t Cut Me Out: A card is chosen and lost in the deck. A coin is displayed- and it vanishes. The deck is cut and the coin is found resting beneath the chosen card. This happens several times, and then the three mates to the chosen card fly out of the deck! The four mates are arranged on the table, then pushed aside to reveal a coin beneath each!

Cards

He Who Spelt it Dealt It: The person spells cards and the card that is spelt shows up on the pack! Every time you try to do it it doesn’t work!

Interlaced Swindle: Four Kings are shown. An Ace, Two, and Three are mixed in between, and the 7 cards are shown. Suddenly the Ace, Two, and Three vanish from the packet! You then reproduce the Ace, Two, and Three in any way you please.

Stabbed From the Back: A card is tossed into the deck and locates the selection

Double-Time Travelers: 4 Aces travel from deck to 4 different pockets!

The Famous 3 Card Trick: Magician want to show three card trick, but keeps finding more and at one point, a lot of cards appear in your hand even though the cards where held by the person!

The Hypnotist: Two participants pick the only blue card among reds but then all the cards get blue backs!

Torn & Restored Transposition: What it says

51 Cards to Pocket: 51 cards "selected" by spectator travel to pocket. Signature on 52nd is actually peeled off the card in this comedic routine.

The Rest

WhirlyBird Silk Vanish: The performer shows his left hand completely empty, and then pokes a silk handkerchief into it by using the end of a wand. Without the performer’s hands coming together at any time, the silk vanishes!

Beelzebub’s Blade: An ordinary table knife is picked up by the performer and polished with a linen table napkin. While rubbing the blade, it accidently rips through the center of the napkin and sticks out the other side. Suddenly, the knife melts away and vanishes completely. The napkin, of course, is restored!

The Gold Cups: Dave's famous 2 Cup and Ball routine. Great squeaker ploy included.

Overall I found this book to be wonderful. (pun intended) This book is rather slim but as you can see is packed with a lot of stuff. The writing is clear and has many pictures accompanying what is written. The technical level is about advanced beginner and intermediate. Nothing too difficult in here but that's not what I'm looking for. The effects are great and although I have not performed each one, I can see why the effects are powerful.

So I HIGHLY recommend this book for those interested. If you are not interested in learning from this book, David Williamson does have some DVD's that teach some of the effects from this book.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results