Dead Cell

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
For anyone who has the Ultragaff deck from ellusionist I am here to say my favorite trick. It is dead cell. For anyone that doesn't know, it is when the magician screws up on an ambitious card trick, but states that the decks batteries are broken. Then he shows an open battery pack on the cards. He flips the card over, asks a spectator to hold out their hands, and drops the batteries from the card to their hands. The back of the card is then missing the batteries. Now this trick is a killer, anytime I perform it it gets great reactions, including people trying to get the batteries back in the card. The last person I did this to in school started shaking when the batteries fell in her hand.
So has anyone performed this trick? If so what reactions have you gotten?

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
i like it, but i have to be honest its not a trick i perform much people people always think i have trick card, and i do. So i perform other tricks from the ultra gaff that look less.... gaffy

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
they would need to make them reappear somewhere or have something else to do with them

Or...you could make them reappear using something like a spin change or shapeshifter ;P

Cringe Magic22 said:
like it, but i have to be honest its not a trick i perform much people people always think i have trick card, and i do. So i perform other tricks from the ultra gaff that look less.... gaffy

It's not really a trick I would have as part of a routine or set. Id more just carry the card in the box and be ready to do it in the event a trick I am doing messes up. It's a very nice "out."

-ThrallMind

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I don't own the DVD, I just watched them do it and made my own method to it. The few tricks I haven't figured out from the deck are graphic link, unicycle, and crowded, I also haven't seen the carrot trick. I have made a comedic Dream of Aces routine with crowded though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results