Death to the Double Undercut // 1-on-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
So, it looks like tonights 1-on-1 is Death To The Double-Undercut by Joel Paschall. This is a flourishy-type move to be used as an alternative to the Double Undercut.

-SM

Sep 2, 2007
I don;t really like this...I mean, a double undercut brings a card from the middle to the top/bottom...

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
It really doesnt look fair in my opinion. I mean, its good if ur doing a flourishing routine but as a sleight, it doesnt look very normal. A double undercut is middle to top/bottom and its much more fair and its probably easier to hide the break rather than whatever joel does in this flourish. If you wanna control from top-bottom/bottom-top, i would suggest the classic overhand shuffle control. "Death to the Double Undercut" is a kick@55 name though. Just wish it could have been used on something better.

P.S. If anyone gets this, could you please make a review?

-MS9

Nov 17, 2007
Wow. This looks like it was created 5 minutes before filming. 5 dollars to learn a variation on the swivel cut? No thanks.

Theory11, you can do better.

Feb 28, 2008
I think it's a good move... I don't know if it's worth 4.95, but it looks cool and is useful. The 1 on 1s vary in difficulty... They can't all be Tivo 2.0.

Sep 9, 2007
Frank Simon and Earl Nelson published something almost identical to this in Versatile Card Magic Revisited as "The Pirandello Double Undercut".

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I personally probably won't buy this, but I can see how beginners would get a lot of mileage out of it. I never use a Double Undercut, so really, this would be a waste of money for me.

But I just don't get the mentality of some people here. If you don't like it, don't get it! Don't complain about it!

Also, I love that when Joel releases something simple, he gets eaten alive on these Forums by "flourishers", but when Chris releases something simple, it's the best thing in the world. I just don't get it...

And no offense to Chris- Blueprint was awesome... I was just using it as an example.

Jan 27, 2008
I'm about to share my opinion, please hear me out, and in exchange for you accepting my speech and not deleting it, I will never post on these forums again.ever, which is good for you guys, great for me. This post may be viewed as negative by some, but to me, it's not; it's just one person expressing his honest opinion which he SHOULD be allowed to do, I know at Decknique that I always can.

How about an in-depth tutorial for the pass as a 1on1? I'm sure a lot of kids on here would get some use out of that; that'd be cool if you took this into consideration.

As for this, biggest waste of money since the one handed ace cutting sequence, which was the biggest waste of money since the triple shuffle, which was the biggest waste of money since static. I have absolutely nothing against Joel, I'm sure he is just a lovely person, but his products, in my opinion are absolutely awful.
His releases at this site have been the worst thing since when uneducated beginners started sharing their opinion, just look at adjones' post.

"But Sean, you don't HAVE to buy this, why are you complaining about it, nobody is forcing you to."
-So what, little kids who have been doing this for 4 minutes (which is a good song, btw) are being manipulated into buying this since you can just youtube 'cut tutorial' and ANYthing you click on will be money better spent than on this.

I clicked on the best sellers in the 1on1 section, and APPARENTLY this is already a best seller, which means a lot of people have bought this!?!?!?! It's NOT just the fact that it's only 5 bucks, it's the morality of the situation, how does the ceo of this place sleep at night? I'd really like to know; if you guys want money this badly you do know that there is the option of robbing banks right, it's sort of the same thing as selling products like this. EVEN a PERFORMANCE video of someone like Andrei as a 1on1, I would at least be entertained from watching the video and getting inspiration. I get no inspiration from this, nothing; the only thing I actually get is an acidic feeling in the pit of my stomach that somewhere, somewhere out there in this universe, there is not just one, but several kids willing to buy this thing. I don't think I'd download this onto my computer if someone paid me, it'd be a waste of space.

There is a discussion of this on the Decknique forum, the people who posted there are pretty funny, I had a good laugh.
http://decknique.net/forums/thread:5645

-Sean.Fast, signing out from these forums. (I'm just not cut out for a place like this, I get absolutely nothing out of it, so why stick around.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'm about to share my opinion, please hear me out, and in exchange for you accepting my speech and not deleting it, I will never post on these forums again.ever, which is good for you guys, great for me. This post may be viewed as negative by some, but to me, it's not; it's just one person expressing his honest opinion which he SHOULD be allowed to do, I know at Decknique that I always can.

How about an in-depth tutorial for the pass as a 1on1? I'm sure a lot of kids on here would get some use out of that; that'd be cool if you took this into consideration.

As for this, biggest waste of money since the one handed ace cutting sequence, which was the biggest waste of money since the triple shuffle, which was the biggest waste of money since static. I have absolutely nothing against Joel, I'm sure he is just a lovely person, but his products, in my opinion are absolutely awful.
His releases at this site have been the worst thing since when uneducated beginners started sharing their opinion, just look at adjones' post.

"But Sean, you don't HAVE to buy this, why are you complaining about it, nobody is forcing you to."
-So what, little kids who have been doing this for 4 minutes (which is a good song, btw) are being manipulated into buying this since you can just youtube 'cut tutorial' and ANYthing you click on will be money better spent than on this.

I clicked on the best sellers in the 1on1 section, and APPARENTLY this is already a best seller, which means a lot of people have bought this!?!?!?! It's NOT just the fact that it's only 5 bucks, it's the morality of the situation, how does the ceo of this place sleep at night? I'd really like to know; if you guys want money this badly you do know that there is the option of robbing banks right, it's sort of the same thing as selling products like this. EVEN a PERFORMANCE video of someone like Andrei as a 1on1, I would at least be entertained from watching the video and getting inspiration. I get no inspiration from this, nothing; the only thing I actually get is an acidic feeling in the pit of my stomach that somewhere, somewhere out there in this universe, there is not just one, but several kids willing to buy this thing. I don't think I'd download this onto my computer if someone paid me, it'd be a waste of space.

There is a discussion of this on the Decknique forum, the people who posted there are pretty funny, I had a good laugh.

-Sean.Fast, signing out from these forums. (I'm just not cut out for a place like this, I get absolutely nothing out of it, so why stick around.)

I agree with everything you said there.. except for the leaving part. :p

Apr 28, 2008
This is absolutley unbelievable. This is a new low for the 1 on 1's and for T11. This is a 3 packet swivel cut that can be found EVERYWHERE, there's probably a tutorial on Youtube for it (there's also tutorials for far better and more convincing false cuts)

T11 should be ashamed of themselves, I don't know how they can sleep at night selling this.

It's our goal to deliver only the most effective, hard hitting magic to you, the magician. If it's "sorta cool," we won't sell it.

Is this cut the most 'effective, hard hitting' magic available? I don't think so, it's not even 'sorta cool'.

Even the BS argument 'but you get tips from a pro' is irrelevant here, you don't need any tips to perform this, there's NOTHING to it. This will not enhance anybodys magic.

They have NO right to charge for this. The only person who would buy this is a complete beginner who doesn't know it's available for free elsewhere.

This is disgusting, if T11 have even the slightest amount of respect for us they should take this down. Expecting us to pay for this is insulting.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com

Yo Sean...all I have to say to you is...don't leave and don't stop posting. :cool:
Seriously though, it's not a war between forums and sites, just keep doing what your best at doing...cards.

-Andrei Jikh

That's why you do your homework, and buy On The Pass by Richard Kaufman. it has what you need. Thats how I learned my pass(es) and I use that **** constantly. Thats the way I rock. People be all like "ohh man thats crazy" and im like "you're drunker than me." damn right. Peace and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results