Death to the DoubleLift

Jan 16, 2008
Sorry for the controversial title, but it probably sparks more interest.

I've been trying to develop a trick based on Irving Quant's 'Carousel', that involves burying 4 DLs into the deck (the same way Irving buries the 4 cards into the deck, packet by packet). Sadly, all my DLs show up clearly, as my 'test-spec' pointed out to me. Then I experimented a bit and found that my DLs show up clearly on a lot of surfaces.
Is this my own problem, or the cards' problem?
Note: I bend my DLs a bit before I put them onto a surface, does that help to stick them closer together?

Thanks for reading.

::dAvid

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
The thing to remember is the removal of air between the cards in a packet. Bending them a little on the long side of the card upwards helps me remove the air, and thus allows me to place the cards on the table non-chalantly.

Also, don't draw attention o tthem. Believe me when I tell you, a double lift that shows is nothing if people aren't paying attention to it ;)

G

Perhaps the use of Larry Jenning's "Bounce Double," could sovle this. Giving the card a longitudnal bridge, and flipping it bookwise onto the table, allowing it to hit the right fingertip as it turns, should keep it it perfect alignment. Look in "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" by Mike Maxwell and Louis Falanga. Open Travellers. Great book in general and one of my favorites.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results