Deceptions Volume I - Torn and Restored

Mar 18, 2009
hey guys,

i was thinking about purchasing this volume. what do you guys think about it. Is it worth it?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I bought it. There are some very unique ideas and wonderful essays inside. However, many of the effects I will not use as is. That is not to say I didn't take away little concepts and ideas from the effects. R3's 'Sharp Switch' will come in very handy and I will use it often. If anything, the journal will spark your creativity to come up with some interesting things.

The essays were also extremely thought provoking. I think the passages alone are worth almost the entire price of the PDF. You get some insight into Daniel's life and different struggles he went through. Another essay by Christopher Alexander explained what underground magic was to him and how he defines it.

Overall I'd say it was worth it. I was slightly disappointed with some of the effects as I didn't find some of them too practical. Again, it's worth it to give you some ideas you probably haven't seen before and to provide you with some very interesting essays.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results