Deck Grips?

Sep 20, 2010
Malaysia
Hi, I'm very new to cardistry and I'm really confused by the different grips that are used for different stuff. For example, I don't understand the difference between mechanic's grip and the dealer's grip.

I was wondering if there's any sources where I can learn more about different (hopefully the majority of) deck grips?

Last edited by a moderator:
Other people will probably know better than me, but go ahead and buy a few books on card magic. Usually, in a beginner card magic book they'll explain all the grips well. I used Collins Gem Magic Book as my first and it taught my as much as I needed to know.

Other than that... you could always go to YouTube. DONT BASH ME MAGICIANS!!!

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Hi, I'm very new to cardistry and I'm really confused by the different grips that are used for different stuff. For example, I don't understand the difference between mechanic's script and the dealer's grip.

I was wondering if there's any sources where I can learn more about different (hopefully the majority of) deck grips?

In Marlos RCT on Pg 250 figure 18 in the seconds, centers and bottoms Marlo discusses about Shifting the Inner Corner. It shows you the High grip, Mechanics grip, and his Master Grip. On page 297 of the same chapter he discusses The S.F grip named from Sharps and Flats. Its pretty much the Full grip.

If you want works with the full grip you cant go wrong with The Magic of Fred Robbinson. Robbinson was know for his false dealing since he didnt need to change his grip.

You have the straddle grip and right now books sources is escaping my mind but Weapons of a Card Shard teaches the straddle grip.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results