Deck in the Box

Nov 2, 2007
No, It's not a new SNL music vid. :)

I've seen quite a few cool openers and ways of taking a deck out of a box, but I've never seen any killer ways of getting the deck back into the box. Does anyone know of any such thing? Anyone made up any "boxing" flourishes?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
You might want to check out De'Vo's Cradle to Grave routine. That may be what you're looking for. I couldn't say properly 'cause I'm not an XCM'er but I have seen this and it does look quite good I have to say. :)

- Sean

Erik

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Sweden
www.virtualerik.com
I also know that De´vo has his "Fan Twist Closer". There used to be a tutorial up on his site, and I believe that tutorial is accessible through his forums.
It's a pretty move.

-Erik

Closers are incredibly hard compared to openers because of the smoothness factor you need. De'vo's Fan Twist Closer is probably the easiest and people love it. The closer in the Cradle to Grave routine is good too, but requires that at least 70% of the deck be in the box already for it to work. This also relies on deck condition and box condition. Flashcards came out with a couple in the weekly contests. I'm not sure who originated it, you can check www.cardmanipulator.com to see the official winner, but a table turnover box closer, but spreading the deck length wise doing a turnover and then scooping all the cards into the box to close. Dinosdinou also put a great simple opener in his Handlordz tournament entries with a matrix armspread I believe.

Sep 1, 2007
i wonder if like how you tear off the corner flaps of the box to make it a "fast box", if you can actually tear down the sides a bit so you can open up the box a little more to make it easier to do closers... i don't know any yet, but its definitely something that is worth learning...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results