Deck storage?

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
Hey all, for those of you who actually have some organization for your decks, what do you have or how do you do it?

Not stuff like leaving them all over the house, 5 on the desk, 25 on the floor etc... Because that's what I'm already doing. I'm looking for something that help the organization.

What about boxes, shelves, designed for easy storage/retrieval? Also, where you can get them?

Thanks!

Hey all, for those of you who actually have some organization for your decks, what do you have or how do you do it?

Not stuff like leaving them all over the house, 5 on the desk, 25 on the floor etc... Because that's what I'm already doing. I'm looking for something that help the organization.

What about boxes, shelves, designed for easy storage/retrieval? Also, where you can get them?

Thanks!

Good one Richard, i have the same problem so im sorry but i cannot help you...

cheers,
aron

PS: im looking forward to a good way of actually organizing cards....
little thing though, i get me packs per brick, so i just take one whenever i need one

im gonnna have a large clean-up soon :p

my friend has a box from like home depot or lowes, like a toolbox, metal one. and he cut out foam to fitt all his cards and his magic stuff like d'lites thumb thread and everything. ill try to get a pic of it. but yea he used like foam and a toolbox from homedepot. you can also find one prly in walmart

Nov 30, 2007
I store some of my decks in just a plastic box kind of thing with a lid on it. But the other decks that I like using a lot I just leave about because it seems like almost every day I'm gonna mess around with at least one deck.

You may call the following a little a bit obsessive compulsive, however it works so take from it what you will.

1. Get see through plastic boxes (I can keep about 100 in a box, so purchase accordingly.

2. Organize your decks by color

3. Now organize them by printer

4. Lastly organize them by jumbo/regular index

You can even go through your decks and organize them by how worn they are, but even I don't do that....as often as I would like to :p.

Hope that puts ya on the right track :D,
~David Rysin

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
You may call the following a little a bit obsessive compulsive, however it works so take from it what you will.

1. Get see through plastic boxes (I can keep about 100 in a box, so purchase accordingly.

2. Organize your decks by color

3. Now organize them by printer

4. Lastly organize them by jumbo/regular index

You can even go through your decks and organize them by how worn they are, but even I don't do that....as often as I would like to :p.

Hope that puts ya on the right track :D,
~David Rysin

Holy $h*t

Just a little bit of OCD.
I keep them in my top dresser draw, right next to my boxers.:D jp
I keep my rare decks in my fireproof safe with 2 locks on it. ;)
Can never be too safe.

Edited: I don't know which moderator edited my post when I posted "Holy $h*t. There was no need to edit it to ****.
I'm starting to think the mods are getting hungry for every little thing they can get, just cuz their bored.

Also I want to point out Dan Buck's review for Digital Dissolve and my review for Distortion. Here's a part of Dan's and mine you can look for.
By Dan Buck from Las Vegas, NV on 09/01/07

"Scotch and Soda was one of my first magic purchases and is quite possibly the most direct coin effect ever BUT it's one weakness is the need for a "red curtain" or a cover up (think stage illusions and those cheesy oversized blankets used to cover **** up). BJ has completely gotten rid of the need to cover the coins. Everything is done in front of your audiences face."

cheers,
dan

Notice no edit. Perfectly fine.
PG-13, what is PG-13 anyway?
I have never met a 13 year old that doesn't curse. Times HAVE changed.
Ok, sorry to get off topic, but I had to rant.
If I didn't, who will?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 8, 2007
Help

Hey!

I bought a close-up case just for my cards and if I know you right.. get two.. :D
Not too much help but.. yeah

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I currently have a cabinet that I use for storing my decks.

I organize them by deck brand, deck color, trick decks, decks with special setups in them, and on the bottom shelf, there's a little pile where I throw all the dupes, ad cards, everything else. Also, I have several unopened 1st Edition Guardians, and several unopened 2nd Editions, and label them with post-it notes so that I don't accidentally open the wrong one.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I usually just use the boxes that all my other magic stuff comes in. I organize according to what kind of decks they are.
Ex. Custom, trick, pre-setup, new, old, etc.

Sep 2, 2007
I have a bookcase thats about five feet high. in my room. and On the top shelf I have my decks I'm NEVER opening. (Collection) unless I'm in super need of one. as well as I have a fan that I turn on every night.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
I guess I'll have to wait until I get a more permanent place. Part of the problem is I have something like 200+ decks lying around. I move so much that it gets annoying to unpack/repack them. I was hoping for something moveable. Maybe I should show throw some out :p

I remember seeing somebody with a large suitcase-type thing which he stored his decks in.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I guess I'll have to wait until I get a more permanent place. Part of the problem is I have something like 200+ decks lying around. I move so much that it gets annoying to unpack/repack them. I was hoping for something moveable. Maybe I should show throw some out :p

I remember seeing somebody with a large suitcase-type thing which he stored his decks in.

I believe you are thinking of this carrying case.

Sep 1, 2007
i think I have a pretty good storage system. What I do is take a shoebox, and cut the whole front off of it, so you can see the bottoms of the decks that are stacked vertically. You can fit about 3 bricks of cards, and it makes for easy access(Not only is it a space saver, but it's a money saver too)

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Just a drawer, and the deck I'm using on the table, I recommend you use someone elses advice, since you probably have way more decks than me.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland

Thanks!

I will take a photo of it soon, but i have all my cards stacked on a shelf in an easy to reach place. It is from IKEA, if you know what that is.

Jan 4, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
go to a card shop

go to a shop that sells collectible card games like magic the gathering and get yourself one of those white boxes that they use to keep your cards organized. they have many different sizes so you wont have a problem in that department.

thats what i do then they are organized by type company and color or design if there Tally ho.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results