Deck Suspicion

Oct 28, 2007
Okay every where every one says to use normal bicycle or bee decks instead of custom decks like the ghost deck or shadow masters, well all i have to say is that this is not as big of a deal as most people might think! people don't know what a gaff deck is or a svengalli deck is! And on rare occasion people might say that your using a trick deck, well that is perfect! because they will want to see the deck! you let them see the deck nothing is wrong with it! they will even be more fooled! And That is for street reference if your preforming for people you know at school or whatever just get them used to it!
If you just get those people used to seeing you with unusual decks they won't be as suspicious.
I can tell you from personal experience that i've have gotten them so used to my custom decks that when i brought a normal bicycle deck they thought it was some sort of special trick deck! because they are so used to my ghost and shadow masters and what not that they think that's normal
And this has benefits to because you CAN use gaff cards with custom decks but they won't suspect a thing because their so used to it.:D

Oct 28, 2007
then stop complaining about it people!
I know that i posted it and that there other threads but you people still complain about these things i was just giving logical solutions.

I think the solution for suspicion of "trick decks" lies within the performer. They way YOU present the deck shouldn't arouse any suspicion. I do use custom decks on occasion and the only time I got a comment was when I first got a Black Tiger Deck when they were released. Now, I only get the occasional "nice cards" comment.

It really lies within you to divert attention away from the decks and onto the magic.

Mitchell

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the solution for suspicion of "trick decks" lies within the performer. They way YOU present the deck shouldn't arouse any suspicion. I do use custom decks on occasion and the only time I got a comment was when I first got a Black Ghost Deck when they were released. Now, I only get the occasional "nice cards" comment.

It really lies within you to divert attention away from the decks and onto the magic.

Mitchell

You've got a Black Ghost Deck!

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
alrighty
i AGREE with mitchell
i know ive said stuff before about the decks NEEDING to be normal
but ive been doing street shows (no blaining for me, actual shows) and i introduce the deck and i let people take a look at it and as i bring the custom deck out i say

"now ladies and gentlemen, this is deck looks very fancy, but its a regular deck...just dressed up, you know ladies, got the hair going, put on all the makeup, wearing the pumps and heels, you get the drift, its a normal deck *hands it out* please shuffle these for me........."

etc. etc. etc.
so, it doesnt really matter

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
"now ladies and gentlemen, this is deck looks very fancy, but its a regular deck...just dressed up, you know ladies, got the hair going, put on all the makeup, wearing the pumps and heels, you get the drift, its a normal deck *hands it out* please shuffle these for me........."

Nice patter :)

anyways,
anytime one busts out a deck one is expected to have some trickery. unnatural cards will arouse suspicion, but one that can be handed out is shown to be true.

kevin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results