Deck Switch

Sep 30, 2007
Hello! So I didn't know any deck switches for my force deck so I thought of this one. Tell me your thoughts!

Force Deck/gimmicked in your jacket pocket.

Spectator shuffles a real deck. If you were doing like a rising card, do the derren brown thing (face the suspicions head on) and ask them to see if it is real. You take it back and take out the 3D. Derren Brown has a great mental force for the 3D. Put it face down on the table and say "this may look a bit cheeky". Put the real deck in the same pocket as ur gimmicked deck. try and force it, or just have them take a stab in the dark. If it is right, you just forget about everything else and stop right there. But if not, say "One day that will work!" optimistically while taking the gimicked out. the 3D can just be put in with the rest of the force deck cuz they wont pick it anyway. Put it in with your rising card. I was debating about the invisible deck and i think you should just put it on top on the odd side. and work around it, which won't be very difficult.

so tell me what you think of this! I posted this on penguin and got no responses! (they are quite rude over there, maybe that should be a new thread....)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Sounds like it should fly...but...

I think you are possibly overthinking the problem. A deck switch doesn't necessarily have to be carefully choreographed; you can use an offbeat. Do a great effect, stick the cards in your pocket and accept the applause/shake hands/whatever it is you do. As an afterthought...one more? (Even better if it comes as a request)

Bring out the other deck and you're ready to go!

Having said that, if you check out David Regal's "Tricks" DVD you'll find some thoughts there on the deck switch. Also Card College (volume 4 I think).

Also consider; is the effect at hand worth carrying around a whole other deck for? Can you do the same effect impromptu? These are important points to think on if you want to be practical.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Agreed. Farqhuar and Regal both have good deck switches. A deck switch can be as simple as doing a trick, putting the deck away and then pulling out a different one.

I have even seen a deck switch fly by as you place the deck into one pocket as you bring out another. I believe that was a Wonder idea.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yeah a deck switch is something which I think can be done without any special choreography etc.
Just go to put the deck away and then bring back into play later, or use the hand with the deck to remove a sharpie and switch in that motion.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I usually use Panic to switch to my SD. It works really well actually... and to be honest, its the only thing I use Panic for... I can see the extremely visual and WOW nature of the trick, but for some reason I just don't like it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results