Decknique Media

Jan 27, 2008
Hey I was wondering something, hopefully I can get a satisfying response from the people that run this place.

So, for those that don't already know, when t11 first started off they needed a media section, and some mad flourishing talent so they could sub-title this place: magic/cardistry epicenter, although it had(/still does have) very little to do with cardistry. (face it the cardistry/flourishing forum here is an absolute joke. Someone recently said something like this on another forum, and it's completely true: Dan and Dave/Daniel madison were originally the only h-core flourishing artists here, and the only reason they become 'artists' at this site was so they could get another vendor to sell their products. If they actually wanted to help people, they wouldn't make things like their 5 dollar 'werm' tutorials, they'd come on the forums and post good advice/tips to kids that need them. That would be a useful way to spend their 'busy' time and to help the art advance. The only actual 'cardistry' artist on here is Andrei, because he gives people the time of day and is actually fulfilling the responsibility all these 'artists' should be doing if they actually want to help. Oh ya may I quote more person, Nebelfuchs, "If your an artist your about art, not money." )

So ya they needed a media section and bought/robbed Decknique of their's, and all the fantastic video's from over there were tranferred to this place. All the original video's that those amazing cardists posted a long while back are still on Decknique, which is good; but on the account at this site called 'Decknique' that posted all of Dn's old-way back video's, why doesn't it even show the creator of some of them. I was just looking at the 'random media' and saw the sehora tutorial by fattywarbucks; and seriously, what would HE say about this if he were still alive. (jk) I actually wonder what someone like him would feel like if they made a tutorial on a site that they liked, and it was without-warning put onto a different site without their name even being acknowledged on it.

I'm not saying there's any problems with Richard posting the stuff over here, but shouldn't the creators name actually be in description of the video?!? I know the whole 'credits' thing gets annoying when people mention it a lot, but imagine you creat a tutorial. Imagine that you post it on your favorite site. Then imagine that it's posted on ellusionist without your name on it as the creator of the video, yet tons of people on their watch it and learn it without any ackowledgement to you after you've practiced countless hours each day creating it and producing your video.

Speak your thoughts.

-Sean.fast

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Interesting topic, but I only want to talk about the first part which is the T11 Artist the responsibilites they have.

For starters I just want to recognize that T11 has a wide variety of people that do both Flourishes and Magic, though at times it seems slim it's just clear to me that not everyone has something to say on the forums.

I understand where you're coming from, if a topic is posted about problems doing Twisted.Rain one person that people should be able to hear from is Daniel, it shouldn't seem like a far fetched concept but it is at the moment. I feel that it's like this with most artist be it for Cardistry or Magic, these artist have little concern of others issues (thinking the community can help them) or have way too much on their plate to answer every little question. Most of these artist also have websites of their own with a Forum as well which I'm sure gets plenty of questions, so which do you think would take priority?

I honestly think that JM has been the most helpful Magician I have come across and he isn't even an artist here. His video chats over the past week or so have allowed people to not only see him perform but ask him questions about his own effects which he doesn't seem to mind answering. Kudos to you JM

I for one think the artist here are simply too overwhelmed with work to check every little topic directed towards something of theirs. Besides that we have a wonderful community of very helpful flourishers and magicians which do a great job either directly assisting or provide resources which could help them.

Also in defense on D&D, I have contacted them several times in the past via email, forum messages or whatever and they reply to my questions in a short period of time. They're forum stays rather busy and I'm sure they have a lot going on with their website still under construction.

Theory11 is a place for these artist to sell their effects, release 1 on 1's, and keep tabs on what is going on around here. If you really need to ask an artist questions you could always message them seperately, email or otherwise. d+M is the only one I have contacted which has never replied.

Personally I think that T11 is making the website more cardistry than magic in order to get the support from some of the people of decknique. A little while ago I was looking at some threads on DN and a lot of them were saying that T11 is just another Ellusionist and things like that. That's why I think they added Andrei - a srictly card guy. I don't neccessarily have a problem with that, I just would like to see some more coin tricks and stuff like that.
Z

Oct 8, 2007
Personally I think that T11 is making the website more cardistry than magic in order to get the support from some of the people of decknique. A little while ago I was looking at some threads on DN and a lot of them were saying that T11 is just another Ellusionist and things like that. That's why I think they added Andrei - a srictly card guy. I don't neccessarily have a problem with that, I just would like to see some more coin tricks and stuff like that.
Z

I think if you like somewhere, you should like it for what it is. If the DN'ers don't like it, they don't like it. T11 shouldn't try to lure them in with Andrei. In no way am I saying Andrei's bad, but it feels like they were using him to bring us (deckniquers) in.

Just a little thought. btw Interesting topic Sean. Not many people really speak their mind. I just hope it doesn't turn into a bashing fest.

You guys ever thought that maybe andrei had talent. That's how he got the job. If some of you guys actually post in the forums you would no that the members would never want to come to this site. Just the atmosphere makes them sick. Not everyone will love your site. I doubt that was the reason that andrei was brought here. Oh and how does theory11 have more cardistry than magic. Are you guys blind,. Look athe the cardistry forum here and how many 1on1's are there about cardistry than magic. Th only reason there are more cardistry videos in the media section than magic is because magic guys hate recording magic and prefer performing it. I doubt that theory11 will ever be the home of cardistry but look on the bright side it's a great magic site.:)

Oct 8, 2007
Jamal, come on, "Look at how many 1-on-1's there are about cardistry than magic. There are about 12 out of 48 1-on-1's that are cardistry. At least check if your facts are right, please.

:)

Jan 27, 2008
Ya, of course Andrei has talent. Daniel madison's sybil variations are good; but are they actually antyhing compared to what Andrei can do? Same with the bucks, their moves look cool and all but like.... you can learn them in a very short amount of time. If you look at things like quad backpack, you wonder 'how is that possible.'

And 'fadedtemp', I understand they don't have time to read the forums and help people, but then why the hell did they become artists here? Exactly what I mentioned, so they could get another vendor to sell their ****, if they were really 'artists' here they'd be about art, not about money, they'd be on the forums helping people. A lot of these 'great artists' here don't actually contribute anything to the site. If all the artists here did what they should be doing, these forums would be a pleasant learning experience.

I'm not saying the d&d should come on here because some n00b needs help with erdnase go round, in fact if that person honestly can't figure it out by watching it repeatedly and practicing, I would reccomend just not learning it, not starting a thread and clutter this forum up with more useless crap than it already is. I'm saying d&d should respond to pm's and come on the forums to give their opinions and advice about different things, because if they don't, technically they're not artists here.

It would be like me taking up a career as a pilot or something while I'm still in university. Honestly, what would be the point of that; I'm not going to have any time to work as a pilot, but they still keep me around because of my great resume and experience... and when the plane crashes, where would I be? In university, I guess. Which is what has happened to these forums, they've crashed, (a long time ago actually) and the people needed to steer them in the right direction weren't here, and almost posotively never will be. Please, prove me wrong and actually contribute something, artists. The only person I can see that actually helps around here is Andrei.

-Sean.Fast

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
By the way, interesting point about putting the names in the descriptions, that would've been a good idea. The username for most DN videos is "decknique" because the usernames on the media section are tied to the forums member database, and the original submitters didn't have accounts on t11 when we launched.

Jan 27, 2008
K thanks for clearing that up, I would've though they all got accounts right when this place opened up but then I remembered a few of them just dissappeared off the face of the earth, like fattywarbucks.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
This thread makes me want to eat babies...
Hey I was wondering something, hopefully I can get a satisfying response from the people that run this place.
Translation: I'm gonna ***** about how much this place sucks/what it does wrong and want to gain some sympathy from the higher ups at t11.
So, for those that don't already know, when t11 first started off they needed a media section, and some mad flourishing talent so they could sub-title this place: magic/cardistry epicenter, although it had(/still does have) very little to do with cardistry. (face it the cardistry/flourishing forum here is an absolute joke. Someone recently said something like this on another forum, and it's completely true: Dan and Dave/Daniel madison were originally the only h-core flourishing artists here, and the only reason they become 'artists' at this site was so they could get another vendor to sell their products. If they actually wanted to help people, they wouldn't make things like their 5 dollar 'werm' tutorials, they'd come on the forums and post good advice/tips to kids that need them. That would be a useful way to spend their 'busy' time and to help the art advance. The only actual 'cardistry' artist on here is Andrei, because he gives people the time of day and is actually fulfilling the responsibility all these 'artists' should be doing if they actually want to help. Oh ya may I quote more person, Nebelfuchs, "If your an artist your about art, not money." )
You didn't even make it one sentence without ranting. Seriously, we get it, you hate this place, you're not improving the quality here by going on your crusade. And for someone worried about crediting the right people, you forgot to credit trashman in your rant :p
So ya they needed a media section and bought/robbed Decknique of their's, and all the fantastic video's from over there were tranferred to this place. All the original video's that those amazing cardists posted a long while back are still on Decknique, which is good; but on the account at this site called 'Decknique' that posted all of Dn's old-way back video's, why doesn't it even show the creator of some of them. I was just looking at the 'random media' and saw the sehora tutorial by fattywarbucks; and seriously, what would HE say about this if he were still alive. (jk) I actually wonder what someone like him would feel like if they made a tutorial on a site that they liked, and it was without-warning put onto a different site without their name even being acknowledged on it.
Without the "t11 robzorZ riChard111" comment, you could have just posted this paragraph and been done with it.
I'm not saying there's any problems with Richard posting the stuff over here, but shouldn't the creators name actually be in description of the video?!? I know the whole 'credits' thing gets annoying when people mention it a lot, but imagine you creat a tutorial. Imagine that you post it on your favorite site. Then imagine that it's posted on ellusionist without your name on it as the creator of the video, yet tons of people on their watch it and learn it without any ackowledgement to you after you've practiced countless hours each day creating it and producing your video.

Speak your thoughts.

-Sean.fast
Please, thousands of people are not scouring the T11 media system looking for tutorials. With the way the T11 media system is set up you have to know what you're looking for if you want to find a tutorial. It's easier to go to decknique and look under tutorials, than go through every single cardistry vid here looking for what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2008
Haha, good one *******, but unlike you, since I actually have a life I'm not gonna bother breaking down your posts and quote them in different contexts, I'll just reply as a whole.

What the **** are you talking about 'sympathy' from people here? What does that have to do with anything. Who are you trying to impress with you unfunny 'translation' comment. Your translating MY words to somethign you think that they are, which is something entirely different from what I said. How the fack would you know what I'm thinking.

I don't hate this place, there's a lot of good stuff going on in the media section with the artists. On another hand, I do hate many aspects of the forums such as members like you trying to be 'clever' or something with your obnoxious non-sensical and smarmy 'fanboyism'. And for unnecesary reasons, too. I was looking for a response from someone like Richard, which I am satisfied with, but there's always someone like you that thinks I'm looking for an argument. It's not just an 'opinion' of mine or something that the cardistry forum on here is an absolute joke, it's just a clear fact, although I understand people like you who suck ... at cards wouldn't understand that.

I had a valid point in what I was first saying, and I got a pretty solid response, why'd you have to ruin the thread and be an *******.

-Sean.fast

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Haha, good one *******, but unlike you, since I actually have a life I'm not gonna bother breaking down your posts and quote them in different contexts, I'll just reply as a whole.
Good one :rolleyes: Breaking posts down takes 2 minutes more than quoting the whole post and makes things a lot easier to understand.
What the **** are you talking about 'sympathy' from people here? What does that have to do with anything. Who are you trying to impress with you unfunny 'translation' comment. Your translating MY words to somethign you think that they are, which is something entirely different from what I said. How the fack would you know what I'm thinking.
No, I'm translating your words into what you meant. If their was no harm intended by your post than you wouldn't have went on your "cardIstRY suXorz heRe Da ArTisTS r da SellOutz1" rant.
I don't hate this place, there's a lot of good stuff going on in the media section with the artists. On another hand, I do hate many aspects of the forums such as members like you trying to be 'clever' or something with your obnoxious non-sensical and smarmy 'fanboyism'.
You're calling ME a fanboy? Considering the majority of your expert advice here is "diS plAce SukS go 2 DecKniQUES1111" I think you should look in the mirror before you call anyone else a fanboy.
And for unnecesary reasons, too. I was looking for a response from someone like Richard, which I am satisfied with, but there's always someone like you that thinks I'm looking for an argument. It's not just an 'opinion' of mine or something that the cardistry forum on here is an absolute joke, it's just a clear fact,
It's an opinion. End of story. And why did you have to rant about it in your post? Your post could have consisted of something like "I just noticed that none of the original creators are credited in the decknique videos. Could richard or someone fix this? Instead you went out of your way to bash them.
although I understand people like you who suck ... at cards wouldn't understand that.
You don't know **** about me, kid. You probably think the J5 is the hardest thing to do with a deck of cards. Wait till you get into riffle stacking, mucking, eliminating the "bottom deal sound" in your bottom deal among other things :D
I had a valid point in what I was first saying, and I got a pretty solid response, why'd you have to ruin the thread and be an *******.

-Sean.fast
Because you were an ******* first. Just ask the question, there was no need for you to say anything else.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
In regards to our artists not contributing, I'm not sure if you would consider things like roundtable discussions every month, multiple podcasts and behind-the-scenes footage posted to the media section, Q&A's on each dedicated artist page, Saturday Night Contests hosted by individual artists, 1-on-1's every week, products every month, and our Confessions of an Artist series (just to name a few) 'contributions' - but I certainly would.

Our team is composed of the most respected artists in this industry - but to imply that to be a real artist one must give their work away for free is, at best, misunderstanding how professionals work. A good friend of mine sent me a quote from Steve Jobs: "True artists ship products." Our team of artists is composed of professional creators and performers. They have lives. They have families. They have needs. And they make their living based on their creations - their art. Many people don't realize this when sharing a copyrighted video on YouTube or with a friend - each time directly affects the livelihood of that creator.

I'm not sure where all of this hostility from certain members is coming from, but I think it's important to mention that we have worked alongside Richard since inception to support decknique and it's member base - to the point where we even provide the hosting for DN itself, on the house.

That said, a community is what you make it. If the Cardistry forum isn't up to par with your standards - get in there and post. Be proactive. These forums are built and comprised of discussions between members from all over the world. We're just here to make sure nothing gets too crazy and to provide guidance and interaction along the way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results