Departure price

Dec 30, 2014
Hi all,

I just noticed that departure is $5 cheaper on penguin than T11. I was just wondering why that is, I mean it's the same gimmick just seems to be taught by different people with a different trailer. Are there any benefits T11 has compared to penguin?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Theory11 has the newest version available. It has been released in other forms in the past. I'm not sure if that is the reason here but it could contribute to it.

Reactions: Toby Langdon
Feb 18, 2015
For some reason, penguin always has cheaper stuff. The Code is 25 dollars, while on theory11 it is 30. Departure is also cheaper on penguin, as is the artisans (6.50 on penguin) vs 10 dollar ones here. I really don't know why... how does penguin make profit?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
For some reason, penguin always has cheaper stuff. The Code is 25 dollars, while on theory11 it is 30. Departure is also cheaper on penguin, as is the artisans (6.50 on penguin) vs 10 dollar ones here. I really don't know why... how does penguin make profit?
You can always buy the product again but at a reduced price through Theory 11. If I wanted The Code again all I need to pay is $9.95. If I wanted Insane, that would be $8.95. Unless I'm mistaken (which if I am please call me out on it) if you want to buy the product a second time you would have to pay full price again at Penguin.

Worth noting that this may not be the case for every product sold through Theory 11. Case in point: Double Cross.

Reactions: ProAma

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
You can always buy the product again but at a reduced price through Theory 11. If I wanted The Code again all I need to pay is $9.95. If I wanted Insane, that would be $8.95. Unless I'm mistaken (which if I am please call me out on it) if you want to buy the product a second time you would have to pay full price again at Penguin.

Worth noting that this may not be the case for every product sold through Theory 11. Case in point: Double Cross.
It really makes me mad that they don't offer Double Cross refills.

Reactions: KyleB10
Jan 14, 2017
But Penquin DOES NOT provide a high-quality forum like this.
There is a difference between price and value.

Reactions: CWhite

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
The theory11 Departure uses the latest version of the Departure gimmick and the latest (theory11 produced) instructional video. I don't know for sure what Penguin Magic uses, though it appears that they use the latest gimmick too.

Different prices for different products are not uncommon. Go to two different grocery stores, and you will almost certainly find two different prices on a gallon of milk. Sometimes they will be slightly different (brands, %s, what have you), but sometimes even identical products will have a different price. We don't know why Penguin has a different price, but that is not at all unusual.

// L

Dec 30, 2014
The theory11 Departure uses the latest version of the Departure gimmick and the latest (theory11 produced) instructional video. I don't know for sure what Penguin Magic uses, though it appears that they use the latest gimmick too.

Different prices for different products are not uncommon. Go to two different grocery stores, and you will almost certainly find two different prices on a gallon of milk. Sometimes they will be slightly different (brands, %s, what have you), but sometimes even identical products will have a different price. We don't know why Penguin has a different price, but that is not at all unusual.

// L
Thank you for clearing that up :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results