Derren Brown confessions of a conjuror and tricks of the mind

antoferra

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2014
Italy
Hi guys, do you think that these books could improve my magic?
And which one would improve it the most?

Both of these books were written for the general public, so you won't find much of interest from a 'learning magic' point of view. They are both good entertaining reads though.

Derren's 'magician only' books are 'Pure Effect' and 'Absolute Magic.' Again,both great reads but good luck finding a copy.

Rev

Reactions: antoferra
Dec 1, 2012
TX
www.youtube.com
So the questions....

Hi guys, do you think that these books could improve my magic?
And which one would improve it the most?

Would they improve your magic? Well as Christopher Hitchens, says 'He is utterly incapable of being boring.' If you love Derren Brown then read the books. I've read them as well as the 2 that REV mentions above.

YES _ They will improve your magic, because they will improve you and any improvement to you is an improvement to your magic. Both books give you an insight into Derren's mind and how he thinks. They even dive periodically into how he routines his effects.

They are of course NOT magic books. I actually reviewed CONFESSIONS - you can watch it here:

I agree with REV - Derren's best book is "Absolute Magic" but expect to pay over $100 on ebay for it. It's not only my favorite Derren Brown book, it's my favorite Magic book ever.

Dec 29, 2011
Tricks of the Mind actually has one out of five chapters specifically devoted to magic techniques, not sure what everyone else is talking about. He explains two little beginner routines, a coin vanish and a simple card trick, with each routine the process is analysed, where he adds points in to strengthen the effects and explains the motivation behind everything, with a bit of misdirection theory. The knowledge is designed to be applied to any magic and can be used to develop your own material.

Yes it is written for non magicians, but valuable knowledge anyway, the other chapters cover hypnosis, memory, body language and pseudo science. All contain relevant information too.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I loved confessions of a conjurer, you wont learn any magic but it will improve you magic for sure :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results